Kids scared of cave tubing?

Forensicmom

We are going to Belize in November and just started looking at the excursion options. My daughters (10,13 & 15) have been reading about all the wildlife in Belize (deadly snakes, spiders, vampire bats, crocodiles, and lots more). They also read that you are in complete darkness for about 20 minutes on the cave tubing tours. Now they're terrified to do that.

Has anyone else had this happen before?

Please read Mitsugirly's review of the Cave Tubing she did with her husband & small daughter in Belize. It might answer more of your questions, or you might even privately message her and ask her for more information in regards to kids. She writes very good reviews, with lots of pictures that might help you to see what its like.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851647&page=9

Cave Tubing Review Starting at post #179

My daughter went for the first time when she was 3 years old. We went again last year when she was 5 years old. We also took my grandson, who is also 5 years old. They didn't have a problem with the tubing at all and they weren't scared.

There's no snakes, crocodiles or "vampire" bats to worry about. Yes, they do have the small bats up in the caves, but they don't come out or bother you. You wouldn't even know about them unless they pointed them out. The only spider they had is a tarantula...and yes, my daughter held that too (but you don't have to and they don't always get him out of his home). :D

IMG_5570-L.jpg