Questions re Navigator

LostAgain

I am going in April, and just have a few questions.

Someone mentioned on a thread that the farewell show has the acrobats, and that this is a must see. Is that current information?

Also, I have read conflicting info on whether or not Johnny Rockets is serving breakfast for free.

One last question, and I might post this on the Gulf Coast board as well -- it was suggested that you could find a porter when you get off the ship in Galveston at the end of your cruise. A tip will get you through Customs and to your waiting shuttle quicker. We like to carry our own luggage off the ship, so can we still use a porter to help us in this way?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I am going in April, and just have a few questions.

Someone mentioned on a thread that the farewell show has the acrobats, and that this is a must see. Is that current information?

Also, I have read conflicting info on whether or not Johnny Rockets is serving breakfast for free.

One last question, and I might post this on the Gulf Coast board as well -- it was suggested that you could find a porter when you get off the ship in Galveston at the end of your cruise. A tip will get you through Customs and to your waiting shuttle quicker. We like to carry our own luggage off the ship, so can we still use a porter to help us in this way?

There is a Johnny Rockets on Navigator, however it does not serve breakfast.

There is a line for porters in the cruise terminal. If you are carrying your own luggage just get in the customs line ASAP.

Yes, I think you could still get a porter even if you carry your own luggage off the ship initially. Porters are usually waiting in the luggage claim area, so just head over there and get one. The porter will load all your stuff on a cart and stay with you until you've cleared Customs and get to your shuttle.

I don't think clearing Customs is any quicker or easier with a porter. The porter takes charge of your luggage and waits in line with you. Using a porter would reduce your hassle factor, though, since you wouldn't be hauling your own luggage through Customs to the shuttle.

Judy

Yes, I think you could still get a porter even if you carry your own luggage off the ship initially. Porters are usually waiting in the luggage claim area, so just head over there and get one. The porter will load all your stuff on a cart and stay with you until you've cleared Customs and get to your shuttle.

I don't think clearing Customs is any quicker or easier with a porter. The porter takes charge of your luggage and waits in line with you. Using a porter would reduce your hassle factor, though, since you wouldn't be hauling your own luggage through Customs to the shuttle.

Judy

The last time we went through Galveston on RC there was a porter line and a "do it yourself" line so to speak. We had been chatting with folks in line before it split and we went and got in line for a porter. By time we got to customs, the other couple had moved about 20 feet and had probably an hour wait still.

I will never leave Galveston without a porter, but we also do not take our own luggage off. As usual your experience may differ.

It sounds like I should consider turning my luggage over the night before and using a porter. Thanks for your help on that.

Back to another of my questions -- are the acrobats at the farewell show? And which other shows are not to be missed? What is the welcome show?

If you drag your own bags, you will get in line with about 9 billion other people. The porters work the baggage area. I have seen folks try to get a porter to haul their luggage after they do self-drag, and they are directed back into the line.

I love the self assist...it means less folks in front of us getting through customs!

It sounds like I should consider turning my luggage over the night before and using a porter. Thanks for your help on that.

Back to another of my questions -- are the acrobats at the farewell show? And which other shows are not to be missed? What is the welcome show?

We came in from a transatlantic last Nov and we had the ship take our luggage off and then went to stand in the porter line because it had been faster in the past. But we stood on that line for more than an hour before getting nearer the front when all of a sudden they stopped the line and pulled lots of the porter to go and help the new passengers who were starting to arrive. We finally decided to take our own luggage and get in the other line. All together we spent over 2 hours in the terminal icon8.gif If you can handle your own luggage and you get off early, you'll be out of the terminal in no time. But also beware that Galveston is going to start collecting tax on liquor that you bring back (not sure when they are starting so look for that thread). I'm sure that will slow down the process too.

There was an acrobatic show (on the Serenade) but it wasn't on the last night. I find that most ships, except the larger ships like the Oasis, all follow the same types of show.

If you want to get off navigator in galveston the quickest, just carry your own luggage off early in the morning. when you get off the ship you can find a porter to carry if that is what you are worried about. But you will get through customs in less than 30 minutes from time you get in line to ding off the ship. If you do not walk off with luggage it really is a crap shoot. I know people who have gotten off and went through customs in 20-30 minutes in using a porter and in not using one. I also know people, and my own experience, who have sat in galveston customs for 2-3 hours +. This is using a porter and not using one.

I'd recommend, if you don't want to wake up early to walk off with luggage, using the porter once your number is called. It seems, in my experience, that the line moves faster. HTH