Identifying the Maître d'

Turtles06

I imagine this may sound like a foolish question, but how does one know for sure which of the official-looking folks standing around the podium/entrance to the MDR is the Maître d' (short of getting extremely and close and checking name badges)?

Lots of threads on here advise people to speak to the Maître d' about all sorts of dining issues, but what's the easiest way to find out who he/she is?

Thanks!

We take care of our dining issues long before dinner time - they are usually set up all day long on boarding day in one of the lounges (not sure where on the S, Rendezvous on the M) to handle problems. Take a number.

If you just want to meet him, why not just ask one of the other staff that will be standing outside the dining room "excuse me, can you please tell me who the maître d' is? I need to ask him a question". Nothing wrong with that.

Eventually he and most of the higher level staff will come to your table to introduce themselves during the first couple of nights of the cruise, your section might not be the first night.

Edited by warmwinds

Most of the items people suggest talking to the Maitre d' about can also be handled by any of his assistants. So I wouldn't hesitate to whatever management type personnel you see about your issue. If it isn't resolved then ask if the Maitre d' is available.

Also, I thing that in some cases they might have replaced the term Maitre d' with Manager. So if their name tag indicates they are manager of that particular restaurant or dining room you've reached the person you're looking for.

Also, I think that in some cases they might have replaced the term Maitre d' with Manager. So if their name tag indicates they are manager of that particular restaurant or dining room you've reached the person you're looking for.

Easier to spell, as we've seen on other threads. ;)

Thanks Larry and warmwinds for the additional info and advice.