Triumph still out due to fog?

MrsMuffin

Does anyone know if the Triumph is in port yet? Last notification we got said the port was closed due to fog. Wondering how long we will be delayed departing today. We are coming in to Houston now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot confirm that this is 100% accurate information but I just called the port of galveston and spoke to a woman who said that the pilot boat just went out to get the Triumph so that usually means it will be docking in about one to one and a half hours from now (it's now 11:00CT) She said then they have to disembark and get supplies and turn the ship around so she "Guestimated" that boarding would probably start around 2:00-2:30. She said Carnival is supposed to keep passengers updated with new boarding time but that would be her best guess. I am still trying to reach accurate info from Carnival directly- If I learn anything more I will post there.

I cannot confirm that this is 100% accurate information but I just called the port of galveston and spoke to a woman who said that the pilot boat just went out to get the Triumph so that usually means it will be docking in about one to one and a half hours from now (it's now 11:00CT) She said then they have to disembark and get supplies and turn the ship around so she "Guestimated" that boarding would probably start around 2:00-2:30. She said Carnival is supposed to keep passengers updated with new boarding time but that would be her best guess. I am still trying to reach accurate info from Carnival directly- If I learn anything more I will post there.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They finally updated Carnival dot com

The Carnival Triumph is expected alongside at 1:30PM (CST) and will begin to disembark guests from the previous cruise. Due to limited seating and parking facilities, we ask guests not arrive at the terminal before 3:30PM.

Check-in is now scheduled between 3:30PM to 6:00PM and we will set sail shortly thereafter.

At this time, our itinerary remains unchanged. However, due to the delayed departure, we will provide guests with an update on our itinerary tomorrow.

Is there a fog "season" in Galveston, or is it like this all the time? We are on the triumph 4/21-26, wondering if the fog is something i need to worry about....

I have been on 2 RC cruises out of Galveston in Feb. Both times we had a fog delay. One of them was at the time that Carnival could not dock for a few days or leave for a few days, can't remember the situation. Ours were 7 night cruises. At 10:00 P.M. we had still not been given a clear for sailing, thought we would be stuck on the ship the next morning in port. Woke up to find we were sailing. Made all of our ports on time. Captain mentioned that the Conquest did not get out in time and was still there the next morning.

Is there a fog "season" in Galveston, or is it like this all the time? We are on the triumph 4/21-26, wondering if the fog is something i need to worry about....

Short answer: No.

One sailing delayed by fog is a big deal if you or I were on it. Real numbers are between 6-10 ships from all cruise lines are delayed every season.

Today is weird, it was clear and sunny going across the causeway yet one cloud line hovered along the shore. Even the docks were clear all day.

Edited by BallFour4

I don't know about Galveston in particular, but the Gulf coast in general does have a fog season. Early spring and late fall. That doesn't mean there's fog everyday, but you'll be more likely to have fog during that time than other times of the year. It seems like when the temps are around 70° the likelihood of fog goes up.