Ability to Change Cabin # in Online Booking?

niksmom630

I swear that at some point in time I was looking at my reservation online, and it gave me the option of changing/updating cabin #.

Has this feature gone away, or did I just imagine it?

It was there on my last cruise in December. There was a "Modify" button next to the Room number and Category when looking at your reservation online.

However, I just checked my reservation and it is gone as well.

I swear that at some point in time I was looking at my reservation online, and it gave me the option of changing/updating cabin #.

Has this feature gone away, or did I just imagine it?

If you create the booking on the website, then you should be able to make stateroom changes on the website.

If you call Royal to create the booking, then you cannot make certain changes via the website, such as changing the stateroom.

If the reservation you're looking at was created on the website, then all I can guess is that somehow it's been marked as being created by phone call, or this is yet another example of Royal's recent rash of website problems.

It was there on my last cruise in December. There was a "Modify" button next to the Room number and Category when looking at your reservation online.

However, I just checked my reservation and it is gone as well.

I KNEW it!!!! Thanks for confirming that I was not having yet another senior moment. :D

If you create the booking on the website, then you should be able to make stateroom changes on the website.

If you call Royal to create the booking, then you cannot make certain changes via the website, such as changing the stateroom.

If the reservation you're looking at was created on the website, then all I can guess is that somehow it's been marked as being created by phone call, or this is yet another example of Royal's recent rash of website problems.

Thanks, Bob--I did in fact make the reservation through the website--first via a courtesy hold, then confirmed with a deposit. So it's either that little nuance, or more website issues. I guess I will have to call :(

I KNEW it!!!! Thanks for confirming that I was not having yet another senior moment. :D

Well, don't go crazy yet. Bob might have answered it for us.

I booked my cruise online. However, there was an issue when I was trying to apply the OBC for my sailing and stateroom. So I had to call. When I called, changes were made to the reservation by phone and I noticed right after that I was not able to link another reservation with my own for dining preferences online. So maybe this is also the reason why I do not have the ability to modify the room as well.

I have a cruise leaving in 45 days. the modify button is gone for those two reservations. Everything done online. I have a courtesy hold for that same cruise and it has the modify button. The next cruise I have booked for this summer has no modify button but that one was done offline with customer service help. My cruise in October all booked online has it as do 2 other future cruises I have booked.

I have a cruise leaving in 45 days. the modify button is gone for those two reservations. Everything done online. I have a courtesy hold for that same cruise and it has the modify button. The next cruise I have booked for this summer has no modify button but that one was done offline with customer service help. My cruise in October all booked online has it as do 2 other future cruises I have booked.

Well, that's interesting. I did everything online, and the cruise is a year out. The only thing that was unique was that there was a residency discount, and in fact my C & A discount was not applied, so I have to call anyway. Thanks for the replies!

well, maybe I figured it out after all....

"Please note that only reservations made on RoyalCaribbean.com with your My Cruises account can be modified online."

I was not logged into the "My Cruises" account when I booked the reservation with the courtesy hold. That's why the Diamond discount was not applied.

My other reservation, which will also not allow me to modify that cabins, was a courtesy hold that was converted using a open booking certificate, so I had to do that on the phone with Royal. Explains why I can't see that one...

I booked my cruise this morning on the website and there was an offer for $50 onboard credit. There is a disclaimer in my cruise booking:

Please note: Cruise or Cruisetour reservations with Onboard Credit(s) can only be modified by calling 866-562-7625. You can, however, complete your Online Check-in and make reservations using our Pre-Cruise Planner.

This is my experience.

When I created an online booking and the booking does not have any discount like residency discount going with it, the "Modify" option is there. But if it has a Canadian resident disount applied to it, then no Modify option.

This is my experience.

When I created an online booking and the booking does not have any discount like residency discount going with it, the "Modify" option is there. But if it has a Canadian resident disount applied to it, then no Modify option.

Interesting. Either a programming error, or a restriction that occurs once you have certain discount(s) applied.

Interesting. Either a programming error, or a restriction that occurs once you have certain discount(s) applied.

I'm kinda thinking that may be what is going on. However, with Brilliance in December, I applied a Crown and Anchor Society discount while booking online and I still had the option to change rooms.

Another poster gave a quote about cruise tours being paid with OBC at the top of their reservation. Mine has this same disclaimer. But they didn't say whether or not they are able to modify their room. I'm guessing no. Only because let's say you have $300 of OBC because you booked a JS or higher. It may be to avoid having issues of people swapping to a lower category and keeping the same OBC from the higher category room booked. And with the recent troubles the RCCL Website has had, I'm sure their IT Department thought of that one right away and figured this is the easiest fix.