Search Function

mjz

This is embarrassing to ask, but I'm not able to search topics within the Seabourn forum. Am I missing something? I could swear that a few months ago I searched topics such as "tipping" or "internet". Our trip is a few weeks out, and I would like to do some searches on this forum. Sorry if I sound like a total fool .... :rolleyes:

Edited by mjz

This is embarrassing to ask, but I'm not able to search topics within the Seabourn forum. Am I missing something? I could swear that a few months ago I searched topics such as "tipping" or "internet". Our trip is a few weeks out, and I would like to do some searches on this forum. Sorry if I sound like a total fool .... :rolleyes:

Please disregard. I just noticed the sticky.

Please disregard. I just noticed the sticky.

I'm hoping it's soon resolved. Without it, I got involved in an 'off topic' discussion because I needed something clarifying.

I wanted to find an old thread that was on topic to discuss it on, but without search I couldn't. (I do have a home to run, a career to attend to and other things going on in my life so I wasn't going to trawl through hundreds of threads). Knuckles were rapped for doing so.

I also knew that if I started a new thread about the topic I'd be shouted down and told that it's been 'done to death'. :rolleyes: Hence wishing to find the previous thread...

I hope it's soon fully functional.

I'm hoping it's soon resolved. Without it, I got involved in an 'off topic' discussion because I needed something clarifying.

I wanted to find an old thread that was on topic to discuss it on, but without search I couldn't. (I do have a home to run, a career to attend to and other things going on in my life so I wasn't going to trawl through hundreds of threads). Knuckles were rapped for doing so.

I also knew that if I started a new thread about the topic I'd be shouted down and told that it's been 'done to death'. :rolleyes: Hence wishing to find the previous thread...

I hope it's soon fully functional.

It's doubtful the search issue will be repaired anytime soon. They were notified I think almost a year ago that one of their algorithms was borked and their reponse was along the lines of "theres still one that works" rather than "thanks - well start working on a fix".

It's doubtful the search issue will be repaired anytime soon. They were notified I think almost a year ago that one of their algorithms was borked and their reponse was along the lines of "theres still one that works" rather than "thanks - well start working on a fix".

Oh that's a pity.

I have noticed that sometimes - very rarely - I can try to search and it does work, so that explains it. It's so frustrating and especially when one knows that 'such a thread' already exists but no time to look for it.