Boarding Question

Dreamer115

We are in the process of booking a third cruise that has a different boarding date than the departure date. How does this work, do you get on around 11 am day one and store your gear and get off the ship again and do an excursion? The departure time is 3 pm day 2 so does that mean you can also do a morning excursion day 2? Haven't seen this on any of the other cruises we have investigated. :confused:

Thanks Connie

I believe that you are correct. You can check in then exit and reboard as you wish up until sail away just like in any port of call.

My parents did a similar cruise except it had the extra day at the end instead of the beginning.

Just treat the ship like a hotel for the first day.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I wonder what happens if you board in an international port like Santos Brazil? There they have you go through customs and board a bus to the ship.

So if you board at an international port would you not be allowed to go back into the city once you cleared the immigration/customs checkpoint?

Edited by travelplus

I wonder what happens if you board in an international port like Santos Brazil? There they have you go through customs and board a bus to the ship.

So if you board at an international port would you not be allowed to go back into the city once you cleared the immigration/customs checkpoint?

We did this in Singapore - went through immigration to get on the ship, stayed overnight in Singapore Harbor, got off the ship in the morning and went back through immigration to go into the city, re boarded at 2pm which required going through immigration again.

A relatively common practice for the ship to overnight in the embark port. Here in Australia the Celebrity Solstice will depart the day after and I guess the best way to think of it is it is the first port of call for the cruise. The Solstice usually has a large number of overseas (USA) passengers who will fly into Sydney on the morning of the cruise so if it did not stay overnight they would not even get to see the best city in the world! Sydney, at all Once you go through customs and have your seapass you are free to come and go from the ship as you wish.