Royal Palms - snorkeling?

boobear1

Looking for as much information as I can get about Royal Palms in particular. But ultimate goal for the day is a nice beach area where we can snorkel. We will need to rent equipment. Would be great if there was a pool (swim up bar huge bonus!) and restaurant and restrooms there too.

Not everyone will want to snorkel the entire time so swimming out from the beach area would be ideal. Then we will want to spend some time doing local shopping so having bus/taxi service available definetly helpful.

Ideas/suggestions/tips??? Thanks!

I'm came on this board looking for info about Royal Palms as well... Have you looked at their website yet? Just google royal palms cayman and it will come up. From what I found on the website Royal Palms has everything you and I both are looking for (we want snorkeling and a beach as well). I found that entry is $2 and lounge chairs are $7. and snorkel gear $15. I learned you can snorkel right off the shore. There is also a pool with a swim up bar however the site states if you have kids under 18 they will NOT be permitted in the pool HOWEVER there ARE ALLOWED to be in the pool area. They also have an all inclusive option, more details on site. I hoping to find some good reviews as I would really like to visit this area.

just mentioning this to manage expectations

RP is smack in the middle of Seven Mile Beach ... the reef is about 1/2 mile off shore here. Seven Mile is a beautiful white sand beach with relatively shallow water and primarily a sand bottom until you get to the drop off - about 1/2 mile out. This is why SCUBA diving in the area is by boat .... the boats anchor (use fixed moorings actually) and drop divers very close to the drop off.

You certainly CAN snorkel at 7 Mile .... you'll probably see fish and some rocks and maybe a small patch of coral here and there but NOT the big beautiful reefs you may have seen in pictures.

ANGELS-copy.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ