Port Everglades to PBI?

tonyt

I actually came over here to ask the same question, which I had asked a few months ago (cannot find thread without search function.)

In that thread, I came away without getting a good response other than taking the train or car rental. I am also not interested in a rental.

The train involves a cab to the train station, catching the train on time and then taking a cab from the train station in WPB to PBI. Not sure I am up for all that while lugging suitcases.

I found a transportation service that will pick up and drop off, door to door. They sent me a quote this morning. $125 dollars + 20% driver's gratuity. While I do not mind paying that, I'd like to know if I can hail a cab at the port to drive us to PBI and about how much it would cost. Any ideas? I know we have done so in the past to get us from Miami to FLL.

Edited by Iamthesea

The trip is about 50 miles one-way, and the cab driver cannot legally pick up another fare going back (area licensing restrictions), so he'll come home empty. I've never made the trip in a cab but I suspect the fare will be close to or more than your car service quote.

You might post something on your roll call to see if you can share a ride to PBI with others on your cruise. Good luck! :)

Thank you, John. That's what I needed to know. If I am not saving any more to take a taxi, I'd rather be safe and have a reserved ride already lined up.

I will have my two adult daughters with me, so there really isn't any room for another. besides, my Roll Call is dead for this cruise and from those that are on it, I don't think anyone else is flying out of PBI.

Although we are saving about $150 a ticket to fly out of there, versus FLL (where we fly into), it has turned out to be a pain.:( In the long run, we still save about $300. :) I just hope that I don't have to keep the driver awake like I did the taxi driver from Miami to FLL.:rolleyes: Poor man had just lost his home in hurricane Wilma and had been up all night. He kept nodding off on the drive. :eek: