bringing bottles of ginger ale/water on board?

heresjohnnytonight

I have never cruised before so Im a bit confused,They say you can check with your luggage bottles of soda or water on board by putting your room # on the bottles,I was wondering can you put like 4 big bottles in a bag? and how do you go about it do you just hand it to the man that takes your bags outside the pier?

Hello,

You can bring cases, not sure about bottles. You just stick your room number on the case of bottles, and they take it along with the rest of your luggage when you arrive at the port to check-in. On our cruise, we brought a 24-case of water, and then a 12-pack of iced tea and made sure to label both with our cabin. It was in our room along with our luggage.

I have never cruised before so Im a bit confused,They say you can check with your luggage bottles of soda or water on board by putting your room # on the bottles,I was wondering can you put like 4 big bottles in a bag? and how do you go about it do you just hand it to the man that takes your bags outside the pier?

You might be better off buying the 12 packs of soda cans that are in the boxes and putting a luggage tag on it. The big bottles won't fit inside the fridge in the cabin if you want cold drinks. The cans fit easier. I've brought a case of water onboard also by putting a luggage tag on it. What port are you sinking fon bc Tampa doesn't allow checked cases of water/soda. You have to carry on your self. I think New Orleans might not allow also. NY port allows cases to be checked.

You might be better off buying the 12 packs of soda cans that are in the boxes and putting a luggage tag on it. The big bottles won't fit inside the fridge in the cabin if you want cold drinks. The cans fit easier. I've brought a case of water onboard also by putting a luggage tag on it. What port are you sinking fon bc Tampa doesn't allow checked cases of water/soda. You have to carry on your self. I think New Orleans might not allow also. NY port allows cases to be checked.

thank you everyone!Were going out of NY.I wanted to bring ginger ale just in case I needed it for a upset stomach.

Hello,

You can bring cases, not sure about bottles. You just stick your room number on the case of bottles, and they take it along with the rest of your luggage when you arrive at the port to check-in. On our cruise, we brought a 24-case of water, and then a 12-pack of iced tea and made sure to label both with our cabin. It was in our room along with our luggage.

Thanks,I was wondering if I had to carry it all over the place untill I got in my room!LOL

thank you everyone!Were going out of NY.I wanted to bring ginger ale just in case I needed it for a upset stomach.

And ginger ale is available all over the ship. You don't need to bring it on if it is only for an upset stomach.

If you check it inside a bag you may end up in the "naughty room" and have to go retrieve your luggage.

Hello,

going on the same ship same cruise,any other tips?

Since it's your first cruise I'll throw this out there. I brought the allowed amount of soda/water on my first two cruises which of course entailed carrying to port and traveling with it. I found that I we never drank it. In both cruise I opened a can of ginger ale (the only soda I drink) on the last night just so I could say I used a little. We left it all behind in the cabin and so it was an even bigger waste if money (I didn't want to lug it around anymore)

As mentioned ginger ale is available from every bar on the ship. It seems like a good idea to bring what you can to save money but in practice, for us, it's not worth the trouble to go back to the cabin just to save a couple bucks. We stopped bringing anything after those first two cruises.

Like I said just a thought. Ginger ale will also probably be in the mini bar too if you're just worried about it for seasickness. Also grab a few green apples from the buffet when you board to keep in your cabin. They help with seasickness too.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it's your first cruise I'll throw this out there. I brought the allowed amount of soda/water on my first two cruises which of course entailed carrying to port and traveling with it. I found that I we never drank it. In both cruise I opened a can of ginger ale (the only soda I drink) on the last night just so I could say I used a little. We left it all behind in the cabin and so it was an even bigger waste if money (I didn't want to lug it around anymore)

As mentioned ginger ale is available from every bar on the ship. It seems like a good idea to bring what you can to save money but in practice, for us, it's not worth the trouble to go back to the cabin just to save a couple bucks. We stopped bringing anything after those first two cruises.

Like I said just a thought. Ginger ale will also probably be in the mini bar too if you're just worried about it for seasickness. Also grab a few green apples from the buffet when you board to keep in your cabin. They help with seasickness too.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You so much,My husband said the same thing and wants to know why I'm listening to you,LOL I think I'm just excited about going because I never did this before so Im making myself crazy!

We go to Target or Walmart at our embarkation city, and purchase a soft sided cooler for $ 18.00. We then fill it with water, sodas, and snacks. Add the luggage tag, the presto, it shows up at your cabin. Our room steward kept if full of ice and at the end of the cruise we left it for him. He loved it. He said that it was one of the best gifts we has received.

When I've needed ginger ale I either buy it at one of the bars or pay for a can of it from mini-bar in cabin. No need to bring on a case if not needed.

Also, you do not need to bring on a case of water. Ship water is fine to drink.

We brought water and soda on our Dawn cruise out of Boston last summer. We did not use a lot of it, and luckily our cabin steward said that he would take it for his cabin at the end of the cruise, so it didn't get wasted! We had put it in a rolling duffel because we figured that was easier for the luggage handlers. We won't be bringing as much on our cruise this summer, though!

You could also buy ginger capsules that you can take to avoid seasickness. I started taking them 2 days before the cruise and then through the whole cruise, twice per day, and I never got sick (and the ship was really rocking for about 36 hours). You might get some ginger burps right after you take them :o, but they are effective!

If you were only bringing it in case of upset stomach, you could instead bring a bag or two of crystallized ginger. They are much smaller (and lighter!) to pack and will do the trick if you do happen to have stomach issues :p.

Enjoy your cruise!