Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

govtgirl1988

Planning on a cruise Sept. 19-23, 2005 on Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas. Airline ticket to Orlando. Have to board at Port Canaveral. Does anyone have any suggestions for what mode of transportation to take from Orlando to Port Canaveral? Thanks.

After you claim your bags at MCO, just walk outside and you can hop on Royal Caribbean's bus. They will have people waiting there to help you. I think it runs around $38 round trip. Don't need to pay cash as they will charge it to your sail account. Isn't necessary to make a reservation either, you can just walk up. You do have to wait for the bus to fill up, but that usually doesn't take very long. Cab doesn't seem to be a good option as the port is about 45 minutes from the airport, so $$. I know some people use other transportation, but I've always found the ship's transfer the most convenient. Plus if something happens with traffic or a breakdown or whatever, the ship will wait for you, where if you use your own transportation you could be stuck and in for a very stressful start of your vacation!

Hmmm, they are the nice big ones with comfy seats (not a school bus), but don't recall if they have bathrooms. I want to say no, but maybe someone else knows for sure. No question is stupid, try starting a new post with just this question if you want to find out, since its kinda buried in this posting.:)

We always come in the day before. Book online a car prior, pick up at the airport and have access to the car instead of having to wait for a bus full of people. So easy to do. Drop the car off the morning of and they'll shuttle u to the port for free. The office of Avis and Budget, (i prefer Budget) is very close to the port. Then they have vans waiting when u return to take u back to their office to rent a car for return or u can arrange to use RCCL's transportation back.

Lots to do there....shop, go out to eat....go to Kennedy Space Center on the way back. (depending on flight time)

Have fun!

Archived