Breakaway (Bahamas) -- Importance of making reservation?

microbrew

Can anyone offer any tips on what are the best days and time to make reservations for restaurants and shows? I would spend my sea days taking advantage of the shows/restaurants on board. With that said, how important is it to make reservations?

If I don't, how bad can wait times be? What about shows? Is it really hard to get tickets if I don't make reservations ahead of time?

Thanks!!!

We booked Teppanyaki at 5:30 on the Nassau port day. We were the only people in the entire restaurant, just the three of us, and were treated like royalty. I would highly recommend doing that. It was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had on a ship.

We booked Teppanyaki at 5:30 on the Nassau port day. We were the only people in the entire restaurant, just the three of us, and were treated like royalty. I would highly recommend doing that. It was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had on a ship.

We ate outside at Moderno at 5:30 on the Breakaway - quiet, only one other couple - sun was setting, one of our best also.

As far as the shows, I booked those BEFORE we cruised. One day I logged in and saw that you could pre-book. I'm glad I did. Some of the people who waited didn't get to choose their best option (early or late show). You could wait at the desired time if you didn't make a reservation and they'd let people in if there were empty seats. i usually don't pre-book specialty restaurants until i'm on board because I'm not sure what we'll feel like doing, or if there's something I like in the MDR.

We were on the Breakway in October... also the Fla/Bahama itinerary. NCL offered a free bottle of either red or white wine in LeBistro the evening of the first sea day. We booked that the first evening on the ship and really enjoyed our meal there. Everything was excellent and the additional cost was truly worth it.

We also ate in the Japanese restaurant, but we were not able to get the day and time we originally wanted as they were already booked. Only found the food there to be okay, but everything is prepared in front of you and the process is very entertaining.

Cagney's was also excellent and worth the extra cost. No problem getting in there when we wanted. Booked once on board... probably the day before.

Did have some difficulty getting in to Howl Over The Moon, but finally made it. I do suggest making reservations as soon as you can.

None of the restaurants or show areas are very large. In fact, many of them are small and seating is limited. So, if you know what you want to do, make your reservations early.

We were on the BA in December. I made a few reservations ahead of time (Circ, ROA, & Burn the Floor). That said, we found that the times we booked didn't work for us once onboard. It was very easy to go to the box office and change to a different show. Just an additional "piece" of information, lol :)