Breeze or Liberty?

TavelRN

I was set and ready to book Breeze tonight, but then became distracted by Liberty. Both offer different perks. Going by price alone Liberty wins and it is still an extra day. However I love the look and all of the new amenities that Breeze has to offer. We are looking to cruise on March 8th or 9th. Any input would be welcomed. We are in our young 30's, no children, enjoy drinking a few drinks by the pool, not too into the night scene. We love traveling.

Liberty is our favorite Carnival ship. She may not be the newest, but she's definitely one of the nicest and most aesthetically pleasing ships in the Carnival fleet. I would have no hesitation booking her again, specially for less money and an extra day. That would more than seal the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have to agree with other posters ;) Less money and an extra day would sway me to the Liberty.

I have sailed both ships and these are my 2 favorite ships so far. I sailed the Liberty earlier this month and it was my 3rd time sailing on the Liberty. The Breeze is a wonderful ship and there are many different places to relax and enjoy the sea and I am very much looking forward to sailing her again in the hopefully very near future :) ; however......I go back to the extra day and the better price....Liberty would be my choice in that case for sure.

I'm not big on Belize and am hesitant with Honduras. I was however, ok with all of the ports from Breeze. But the ships seem somewhat comparable. I am seeing a lot of great Liberty reviews. Has the Liberty started the new dining format?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Still torn at this point. I was really looking forward to seeing the ports that Breeze had, and I really don't anticipate leaving the ship in Belize. I think the biggest drawback for me is the new dining format on the legend. I like that the Breeze has more options other than just the MDR and Steakhouse. However, I really haven't heard anything bad about the Legend, and there is an entire extra day. I'm thinking my husband and I may have to rocks, paper, scissors this one.

I'm not big on Belize and am hesitant with Honduras.

Just curious. Why are you hesitant? With some research, Belize and Roatan can be some of the best port in the Caribbean. Both are absolutely amazing ports. Belize in particular can be an absolutely wonderful port of call. It's unique and offers so much more than the other cookie cutter ports of call. It gives you a true sense about what life in countries along the Caribbean Sea basin is about.

I understand that some people choose not to explore beyond the immediate vicinity of the port area, and are uncomfortable unless they see a pretty welcome center with a Senor Frogs, but these ports are truly hidden gems and I wouldn't hesitate to visit either one again.

Edited by Tapi

The Liberty has been my best cruise of all the ones I have been on. It was kind of the perfect storm of awesome passengers, great itinerary, and absolutely excellent service.

If money and time is not an issue, I would try the breeze to see the biggest and best that carnival had to offer and go with the Liberty next time. But if time and money is an issue, I would go with the liberty as there is bigger bang for he buck there.

Nothing against Belize or Honduras. But my husband and I suffered two terrible hardships this past month, and are looking for somewhere to stick back and kick our legs up. We're not too interested in the cultural aspect, as we have been in the past. We just need a vacation where we won't have a care in the world. Looks as if we will be going with the Liberty, as Breeze just sold out of their interior rooms.