Grizzly Falls Ziplining Expedition in Skagway

Nightowl11

Has anyone done this excursion as a "ride-along"? I read on Trip Advisor that it can be done. How much do you get to see/do if you don't actually do the ziplining? Can you go up in the Unimog to where they zip and get pictures from the ground? Is there a hiking trail under the lines? How much does it cost to be the "extra"?

I can't answer your question, but would suggest calling them. I called them a few months back( wanted to know if I could book their 7:50a tour with a 7a docking time...yes). They answered and the person I spoke to was very nice and even thanked me for checking.

Laura

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pretty sure I emailed them without a response as well:eek:

I think email would be the easiest form of communication, especially since they have a high season and a no season. That doesn't seem to be the case, I have read some reports on this forum that calling Alaska really is your best bet..

My reservation is dated 11/20. Not sure if thats the day I called or if called a day or 2 prior to that.

FYI: Last week I tried calling 2 different Seward based helicopter companies to book Glacier Dog Sledding. It is quite costly, so I wanted to talk with someone rather than just book online. For one company the phone numbers just seemed wrong! The other company had an answering service. I called on 2 separate occasions even asking if they were closed for a time, I was told no. Anyhow I did eventually get a call back yesterday!

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Nightowl11, Were you able to get in touch with Grizzly Falls? I'm curious about the answers to your questions! I did read somewhere that to "ride-along" costs maybe half-price? A bit steep. But, they have such good reviews on trip advisor, don't they?

Did Grizzly Falls Zipline last July when sailing on the Pearl. Loved, Loved this excursion!! I can't even express how fun it was in words lol. I'm not sure how you would do a ride along though?? You could ride up the mountain but when it comes to getting back down, you either have to zipline or ride back down by vehicle. I suggest to zip it, you won't regret it :eek: