'Nowisthetime' sale

cherbear4000

We just booked 6 cabins on the Sunshine using the 'Nowisthetime' sale.

There is a $50 non refundable per person deposit. Final payment due 30 days before sailing.

Normally, non early saver booking can get a price drop up to final payment. Would that mean we would be able get price drops up to 30 days before sailing?

We booked using this as well and were told we can get a price adjustment up thru final payment. The thing is, when you get the price adjustment, you have to pay the full deposit at that time as well. At least that's what I was told and what I have seen happen to others in these boards.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am now totally leery about getting price drops with these sales. I booked a cruise during one of these sails for next New Years and I SPECIFICALLY asked if I would still be able to get price drops and was told an enthusiastic YES!!

Roll forward 2 months and a $125 price drop. I submitted and was denied because I had purchased under a sale. I called and spoke to a supervisor about the situation and was allowed the pricedrop because I had been misinformed but was informed that from that point forward they would not allow price adjustments.. GRRRR. ! In the future I will have the agent send me an email statement bf I purchase....BE CAREFUL!!

BTW...the cruise has dropped another $300 :mad:

Guys, I would give your PVP a call and ask them confirm this price protection thing under this promotion. Usually, any Carnival promotion I have seen during the past two years that DO qualify for price protection clearly state so. If it doesn't it is usually not "price protected". That being said, I couldn't find anything that said that you'd be eligible for price protection under this current promotion.

On another note, if you book this or any promotion that does not have a full deposit, you WILL have to pay the difference due of the deposit the moment you apply for a price change or your reservation will likely be cancelled due to lack of payment of the deposit. Take this into consideration when applying for a price change before full payment.

I switched from the #newyearsale to the #nowisthetimesale because I wanted the later final payment date. I was informed if the price drops in the future and I want to take advantage, I would need to pay the full deposit (which I actually already have) AND my final payment (now in Early May) would change back to my original final payment date (March 17th). If the price drop occurs after March 17th, I'm sol. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I switched from the #newyearsale to the #nowisthetimesale because I wanted the later final payment date. I was informed if the price drops in the future and I want to take advantage, I would need to pay the full deposit (which I actually already have) AND my final payment (now in Early May) would change back to my original final payment date (March 17th). If the price drop occurs after March 17th, I'm sol. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't understand why the final pymt date would change? Isn't it always about 75 days before the cruise?