Incorrect Sunshine Cruise Tomorrow Email?

elbaseball212

I just got that email as well, I have sailed on carnival but I have a cruise booked on princess and thought I made a mistake, lol. Then thought check my bank account, that was ok. Came here, and saw how many people got the same thing, makes me feel better.

Its funny, some one made a boo boo, lol

me too! does that mean I won a free cruise?

My daughter laughed and said maybe it was one of those phone calls that we get with the foghorn telling us we won a cruise and maybe we actually won. Unfortunately no booking on our profile. Haven't sailed on Carnival for a few years.

Amazing I got this one about a cruise I'm not booked on but when I was booked on the inaugural sailing of the Sunshine out of Venice, I never got the cancellation notification. Not a good way to keep customers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I got it too. I thought maybe I had been in a coma and had amnesia or something crazy like that. As a coincidence , tomorrow is my husbands birthday so a cruise would be nice....if only it were true. I've also been getting a LOT of messages on my answering machine from Carnival. Unfortunately none of them includes a FREE cruise to anywhere let alone one on the Sunshine. DAMN

Edited by Boozebabe

I got it too, and am so thankful there's a place like CruiseCritic to turn to and see that it was an error before feeling a need to call and ask zOMG IS MY CREDIT CARD BEING CHARGED FOR A CRUISE I CAN'T GO ON?!/1/1/1/

Apparently from the complaints on Carnival's sponsored social media presence in the past hour, it appears that this email is overloading Carnival's phone lines and people are actually getting old-fashioned busy signals when trying to call.

I won't be surprised if whatever response by Carnival doesn't get done for another couple hours...it is 10pm Miami time on a Saturday night and the decisions and authorizations to remedy this probably involve people who aren't normally at work or as reachable right now as other times of the week even if they have work blackberries, etc.