Ship transfers to Tivoli

We are off the July 2 Constellation and used the ships transfers to Tivoli. Since they included admission, they seemed worth it (only $20/pp) which I could charge. We were 8 people so using taxis would have been nearly as expensive and the return would have raised getting back on time issues.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry....did the shuttles run on a regular basis (so you could go there and leave when you wanted?) We have an overnight in Copenhagen (leave at 6 am)...not that we're planning an all-nighter at the park (LOL) but don't have to worry about being back at the ship for an early departure. Can you book the shuttles on board Constellation or did you do it in advance?

The shuttles ran continuously from 6 pm on If I remember correctly. The stopped at 12 midnight, but we were scheduled to leave at either 12:30 or 1 am. Also, you can get the entrance ticket to the park from the driver if you don't return to the ship during the day and start your journey from the ship. We did that since we found ourselves at Tivoli Gardens at the end of our day touring/shopping. It is walkable form where the ship's free shuttle drops you off. However, the free one ends just as the Tivoli one starts. We bought it the morning of our arrival in Copenhagen.

Also if you don't have a tour booked already try to get Richard Karpen. He is noted int he Rick Steves book. We had him and he was the absolute best. Comes in full Hans Christian Andersen character.

Jerry

we took a taxi from the dock. It did not even cost $20. There are 2 diff't docks- i was on the Westerdam- and I believe it ported in Freeport..

Taxis also line up in front of Tivoli- ride is less than 10 minutes

• 2 weeks later...
The shuttles ran continuously from 6 pm on If I remember correctly. The stopped at 12 midnight, but we were scheduled to leave at either 12:30 or 1 am. Also, you can get the entrance ticket to the park from the driver if you don't return to the ship during the day and start your journey from the ship. We did that since we found ourselves at Tivoli Gardens at the end of our day touring/shopping. It is walkable form where the ship's free shuttle drops you off. However, the free one ends just as the Tivoli one starts. We bought it the morning of our arrival in Copenhagen.

Also if you don't have a tour booked already try to get Richard Karpen. He is noted int he Rick Steves book. We had him and he was the absolute best. Comes in full Hans Christian Andersen character.

Jerry

Jerry,As one NJer to another..how do I contact Richard...we are going on the Connie next July>

Karen

Archived