Epic Acupuncture Treatment

firsttimeVA

Not to be party pooper, but consider this:

The therapists on board are not necessarily certified by any regulatory body like usually required when doing business in the US. My wife is a massage therapist and said the "therapists" on board seemed pretty clueless on techniques when she asked them about the services they provide

It will be more expensive than what you could get at home

Acupuncture, in general, does not offer relief in a single treatment. It's more therapeutic, like chiropractic medicine. You'll probably come away just feeling like you were stabbed with little needles

Having said that, if you want to try something new on the ship that might be relaxing or enjoyable, you can try one of the various massages, facials, etc. Better yet, get spa pass for about the same price and enjoy the spa facilities for the entire week.

Just my two cents

Edited by sdmike

I have to agree with the posts above. I received a massage on POA that was underwhelming enough for me never to get a massage on a cruise again. That being said I definitely would not trust them to stick needles in my body. I've had acupuncture as part of therapy after a car accident and would recommend seeing a professional.

There are some things I just do not get.

Getting botox done somewhere besides at home.

Getting needles stuck in them on a ship at sea.

Buying fancy artworks from a company you can not go back to with any issues.

Buying fancy jewelry in another country. (fancy, expensive, not cheap stuff)

I just don't get it.

Has anyone done an Acupuncture treatment on the Epic lately? I've been thinking about trying it and I'm curious if anyone has experienced the treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, we experienced good results. DH was in so much pain on our cruise that he got a treatment. The acupuncture was performed by an actual Doctor. Granted it was pricey but it works for DH. He also goes here at home to a Chinese Doctor trained in China. I tried it once here at home but it did nothing for me. It worked literally like magic when DS suffered from "dry socket" pain after his wisdom teeth were pulled...

If you have time before your cruise find a reputable place at home to try it first. That way you will know whether it works for you. Since it is so pricey on board I would not do it just to try it out there unless I was in a lot of pain and desperate.

Also, if you just want to relax sore muscles the Spa on the Epic is well worth it to soak in the mineral pool and use the heated loungers....aaahhhh!!!!

Do you know what a day pass cost to use the facilities? I mineral soak sounds great lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just know the weekly pass is $199. The day passes are only good on port days, if I'm not mistaken...but sorry, can't remember what the cost is.