TAMPA: Any car rental companies have shuttle to Port

Eeyoregon

We are renting a car for 1 day pre and post cruise in Tampa. Does anyone know if any of the major car rental companies offer a shuttle to/from the port of Tampa and TPA?

I sure do miss the search feature :(.

Thanks in advance.

Gina

Thrifty and Dollar used to offer the to and from shuttle. Here is a link to the TPA airport car rentals. Call the local 813 area-code number. That is the direct ph# to the airport agency. They will be able to tell you for sure as opposed to the 1-800 #.

http://www.tampaairport.com/ground_transportation/rental_car_services.asp

National used to also, but not sure if they still do.

Good luck !

Thrifty and Dollar used to offer the to and from shuttle. Here is a link to the TPA airport car rentals. Call the local 813 area-code number. That is the direct ph# to the airport agency. They will be able to tell you for sure as opposed to the 1-800 #.

http://www.tampaairport.com/ground_transportation/rental_car_services.asp

National used to also, but not sure if they still do.

Good luck !

Thank you for the local info as the 800 number folks aren't offering much help...at least not help that I would depend on.

Gina

Thats were we are renting...they said they will drive us to the port... Have to take a taxi there from the airport but when we return the car, they will take us to the port.

That's so great because it's a long 2 blocks. Not just a quicke city block. Lots of traffic to navigate. Great perk.

We use Dollar everytime. We book way in advance and just update the reservation with price codes when they have a sale. Shuttle from airport location to cruise terminal is free and was quick in Tampa and Port Canaveral. Dollar shuttle in Miami is a nightmare.

• 3 weeks later...
We use Dollar everytime. We book way in advance and just update the reservation with price codes when they have a sale. Shuttle from airport location to cruise terminal is free and was quick in Tampa and Port Canaveral. Dollar shuttle in Miami is a nightmare.
I am looking for a car rental company which has a free shuttle to the port and I called Dollar on your recommendation. They no longer offer a shuttle :(. I was bummed because they had great rates!

National/Alamo offers a shuttle from their Westin location but you need to get there using the hotel shuttle from the airport. I need a car for 2 days before my cruise and then 1 day after. I plan on picking up at the airport and returning to the Westin and visa versa on the other side of my cruise.

I ended up booking with Alamo because the rates this week were too good to pass up! We'll return it to TPA and then take the flat rate taxi fare to the port and vice versa upon return.

Looking forward to having a car so we can go out to eat, hit a liquor store and do some sight seeing.

I ended up booking with Alamo because the rates this week were too good to pass up! We'll return it to TPA and then take the flat rate taxi fare to the port and vice versa upon return.

Looking forward to having a car so we can go out to eat, hit a liquor store and do some sight seeing.

I'll be on the Dawn the week after you! I just booked a couple days ago so I'm in planning overdrive :). I still have my Alamo reservations, but I can get Hertz even cheaper using a code from my husband's work. So I think we're going to drop off and pick up at the Tampa Marriott instead. It looks to be about a 15 minute walk if I can't get a ride from Hertz. They close at 1:00 and we may not be back until a little later so I need to see if they allow after hours drop offs. If they don't we'll have to skip brunch with my husband's family in Oldsmar. They are very late risers so we can't do it early (read: before 11:00 am).

• 2 weeks later...

National/Alamo offers a shuttle from their Westin location but you need to get there using the hotel shuttle from the airport. I need a car for 2 days before my cruise and then 1 day after. I plan on picking up at the airport and returning to the Westin and visa versa on the other side of my cruise.

Can you elaborate on this a bit...I'm confused, lol. We are going to stay at The Westin Tampa Bay the night before the cruise. After the cruise we have a car rental reserved at Tampa International airport with Alamo. Are there shuttle options?

Thanks,

Gina

Can you elaborate on this a bit...I'm confused, lol. We are going to stay at The Westin Tampa Bay the night before the cruise. After the cruise we have a car rental reserved at Tampa International airport with Alamo. Are there shuttle options?

Thanks,

Gina

As I understand it Alamo/National's shuttle to/from the port now operates out the the Airport Westin Tampa Bay instead of the airport. IIRC the prices were about the same to pick up at the Westin but if worse comes to worse you can take the Alamo shuttle to the Westin and then the Westin shuttle to the airport. You can call the Alamo location directly at the Westin to verify that they do have a shuttle (and report back here :D). I didn't follow through on calling because I found acceptable pricing through Hertz.

Speaking of a follow-up, I talked to Hertz in the Marriott and they do NOT have an after hours drop off :(. I really wanted to see my in-laws the morning that we leave but that's not going to happen if I have to get the car back by 1:00. They don't wake up until noon!

Edited by robinbtigger