Constellation Celebrity Suite Question

stones902

Question for those of you who might have stayed in a Celebrity Suite on the Connie - my understanding is that they have added balconies to this category of cabin. Is it large enough to accommodate a couple of lounge chairs and have they sacrificed the floor to ceiling windows in order to add the balcony?

Also, with these suites do we get concierge lounge access (i.e. happy hour drinks) daily?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Question for those of you who might have stayed in a Celebrity Suite on the Connie - my understanding is that they have added balconies to this category of cabin. Is it large enough to accommodate a couple of lounge chairs and have they sacrificed the floor to ceiling windows in order to add the balcony?

Also, with these suites do we get concierge lounge access (i.e. happy hour drinks) daily?

The floor to ceiling windows with the wonderful views are still there. One of the windows near the end is now the door that opens out to the balcony.

They added a privacy panel at the very end where the people next door used to be able to look right into your living room.

The balcony is wide and narrow.

We had the new reclining chairs with foot stools on the balcony, which can be used as loungers to lie down flat when they are placed at an angle.

If you are not elite, whether or not they give you the elite happy hour perks in the celebrity suite just depends on the policy in effect on your particular cruise.

I am not aware of there being any hard and fast rule about it one way or another.

I have just spent 5 cruises on the Connie in the last 3 months. Two of those cruises one in Turkey and one in Caribbean. We had suite and aqua class room. The suites were great. If you have Benjamin as Butler you are in for a treat. The best I have been around. Room and balconies were like said by reply above. Balconies on rear of ship were really big. Suits on suites were like everywhere.

As far as happy hour, we are elite plus so I would not know. There were many elite on all cruises so I do not think you will be invited. Maybe you will be invited to Capt Table. Stop by Cpt Club host, Bruce, and say hello and be nice. He may get you invited to table.

I do know one thing, the connie with its present staff is the best ship at sea for having great food and fun on a ship. We had such a great 27 days from Instanbul to Ft lauderdale we decided to go for another 10 in Jan and Feb to see if it was an anomaly. It was not. We had a great time. Enjoy.

e were on Connie for the same 27 days in a CS. Wonderful cabin for sure. Wish they were on the port side for the TA (westbound).

View is great, balcony is narrow but as stated above and the table is smaller than most suite balconies we've had, but we fit breakfast on it fine. Still a great cabin for the $$. Our butler Gwen was fantastic as well.

We loved it so much, we booked 28 more days on Millennium and we're going to book 9 more on Connie (our preference), but it's during Spring Break thought we thought it safer to book a 10 day cruise and hope for less kiddos :)

Happy Sailing,

Jenna