Any updates - Beverage Package?

Working 2 Cruise

Out of interest what drinks are over $10? Are all the martini's $10 or less? I see from a previous post that cocktails are ~ $7.95, is that correct? Celebrity offered a package when we were on the Eclipse last Easter and had two different packages (I cannot remember the prices) but one covered drinks up to $8 and the other one up to $12 (if I remember correctly). That cruise we did not purchase a package but may consider it for this cruise. However if it is correct that all people in the cabin have to purchase it, then it will be a no go as not everyone drinks. We would be happy to purchase the upgraded soda package for those non-drinkers.
A question for people that have had the package; if you want a drink that is over $10, do you have to pay the whole cost as it is not included in the package, or are you charged the difference?

[quote name='downsmead']Out of interest what drinks are over $10? Are all the martini's $10 or less? I see from a previous post that cocktails are ~ $7.95, is that correct? Celebrity offered a package when we were on the Eclipse last Easter and had two different packages (I cannot remember the prices) but one covered drinks up to $8 and the other one up to $12 (if I remember correctly). That cruise we did not purchase a package but may consider it for this cruise. However if it is correct that all people in the cabin have to purchase it, then it will be a no go as not everyone drinks. We would be happy to purchase the upgraded soda package for those non-drinkers.
A question for people that have had the package; if you want a drink that is over $10, do you have to pay the whole cost as it is not included in the package, or are you charged the difference?[/QUOTE]

Some single malt scotch and a few wines may be over $10 . If over $10 it is my understanding you have to pay full price.

Thank you :)
I have just checked the Celebrity site and see that even their basic package is more expensive than Princess, though it was not clear if the price they quoted included the 15% service charge. What we did discover (last time) was that if you purchased their wine package on line before the cruise, you were only charged the cost of the package and they did not add on the 15% service charge!
It's a pity Princess does not make pre-purchasing packages easy, such as an on-line facility. It's a hassle having to fill out the order form and fax it off, especially as we are in the UK and so are at the mercy of forex, I prefer to know exactly what I will be charged when I order the goods.
We are looking forward to our trip round the Med on the Regal in the summer and comparing the ship to other Princess ones we have been on.

[quote name='petlady7']OMG , that is 56 dollars a day with the 15 % , on todays exchange that is equivalent to 40 euros a day , that is more than DOUBLE what Costa charges for a drinks package per day (19.50 euros) , Costa also served all the top end brands for that price and not the european cheap stuff , Princess are trying to rip us off:([/QUOTE]

Then I would suggest you stick to Costa...

Princess IS not trying to rip you off.., if you don't want the package, don't buy it. This is pretty reasonable to me considering it covers almost everything liquid. Most of the drinks are $7.95 plus gratuity so it only would take about 5 drinks and a soda to cover the costs...

Two glasses of wine at dinner, two coffees in the morning, a pre-dinner cocktail or two and voila...

This package is not going to be wanted by some cruisers but I would bet that many cruisers will be happy about it.

By the way, Costa is making its money somewhere...

" Princess IS not trying to rip you off.., if you don't want the package, don't buy it. "

You don't happen to work for Princess do you , haha ;)

I understand it is optional and could be a good deal but it sure mounts up over a 10 day cruise for two people 1120 $ , that's a lot of money

Nobody likes a drink better than me (ask my liver ) I would love to have the package but not sure we can afford it with all the excursions etc too , I was just saying that Costa must make money with the prices they charge so why are the american lines so much more expensive ?