Diamond versus Voyager balconies

jax

I have been on the Diamond which had the most divine private balconies in the lower cabins. My next trip was on the Navigator. Just loved the room but very disappointed in the semi-private balcony. There were open spaces at the top and on the bottom of the walls/partitions that separated the adjoining balconies. Now have booked a wonderful trip for next year aboard the Voyager. will I find the same semi-private balcony (H category) as on the Navigator?

The balconies on the Voyager, unfortunately, are even less private than the Navigator. The gap is a little wider, and goes around all four sides rather than just three like the Navigator.

Those balconies on the Diamond were perfect!

Never have had a problem with the balconies on Voyager. They're a bit more private than Mariner(less gap) and about the same as Navigator. Not as private as Diamond though. Of course, we don't go out on the balcony in our birthday suit either.

It is the noise level coming from the semi-private balconies that is so annoying. you feel like you are right in the middle of their conversations, comaradrie, music etc. :(

jax, maybe you just had noisy neighbours? I'm thinking that the unspoken protocol would be to speak quietly, so that others can enjoy themselves, but I guess that, just like the neighbours across the fence in the back yard, once in a while you get someone who thinks he's more important and wants to be heard by the whole world? :o

Just a thought--I haven't travelled on Voyager yet, will next summer, so I'm hoping I get quiet neighbours!

hrprof

Yes, I had a smoker next to me on the Voyager crossing, and it often drove me inside. I'd go out with a glass of wine and just get settled in, and out he'd come with his cigar. So much for the clean ocean air.

Fortunately, RSSC does a great job of protecting those of us who are very medically sensitive to smoke, so I didn't let it spoil my experience.

Archived