Chops Grille Steak - NAV of the Seas

cjdixon4

I'm a bit unclear about the steak in Chops Grille on Navigator. I'll be sailing on NAV in May, and I'd like to make reservations in Chops on DH's birthday. In reading the threads of others I'm hearing that not only is there the usual specialty restaurant fee (now $35 - up from $30), but there's an "aged steak" that costs an extra $15 or so!

When we ate in Chops on Enchantment last year, the meal was delicious (at least DH and I thought so) and we were pleased to pay the additional fee. But paying MORE money for a special steak seems a bit over the top to me. Has anyone actually paid for this "super-special" steak, and was it really worth the extra money? Obviously, I'm not against for fee dining; I'm just curious about all of this additional money being charged for steaks, lobsters, etc.... thoughts, PLEASE! ;)

I'm a bit unclear about the steak in Chops Grille on Navigator. I'll be sailing on NAV in May, and I'd like to make reservations in Chops on DH's birthday. In reading the threads of others I'm hearing that not only is there the usual specialty restaurant fee (now $35 - up from $30), but there's an "aged steak" that costs an extra $15 or so!

When we ate in Chops on Enchantment last year, the meal was delicious (at least DH and I thought so) and we were pleased to pay the additional fee. But paying MORE money for a special steak seems a bit over the top to me. Has anyone actually paid for this "super-special" steak, and was it really worth the extra money? Obviously, I'm not against for fee dining; I'm just curious about all of this additional money being charged for steaks, lobsters, etc.... thoughts, PLEASE! ;)

The way it was described, it seemed like the the special "aged" steaks were an addition to the existing menu. In other words, you could pay the $35 and get the same menu as before. Only if you wanted the special steaks would you have to pay more.

Whether it is worth the extra money at Chops, I can't say because I don't know what sort of unnecessary sauces they may abuse the steaks with during cooking (if any). However, a USDA Prime dry aged steak is most definitely worth the additional upcharge if you are a steak connoisseur and appreciate the additional flavor complexities that a dry aged steak presents (it will also be more tender without the requirement of tenderizer. Otherwise, just stick with the normal steak they serve.