HAL Cancellation Protection Plan - Big tick

cruiseonecer

Dear all

I just follow all your answer about the refund

I do have a different approach - would you please tell me what is the refund if you cancel the cruise well ahead of final payment - is it still 100 % ?

What is, if one already increased the first booking fare, in order to pay in several steps till mandatory final payment. Does this also grants you a 100% refund ?

Happy cruising and thanks for answering

G E R D

In North America, if one cancels the cruise before final payment, you get 100% of your money back from HAL. The only exception is if one's deposit was placed using a future cruise deposit purchased on a prior cruise. In that case, the deposit money gets placed back on your Mariner account to be used at a later date or refunded within four years.

However, as you are from Europe, I don't think many of us can say what would happen in the situation you describe. I think you should contact your travel agent or local HAL office (if there is one). From what I've read here on CC, HAL (or local governments) has different rules for non North Americans.

One more question from the confused here. If the cancelation was because of medical issues shouldn't it have been a full 100% refund instead of the cancel for any reason 80/90% refund?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hello "Alberta Quilter"

I do always (since 15 years) book HAL cruises via an US travel agent / payment also in US $

So it should be fine with 100 % refund for any kind of cancelation reason and prior of final payment -> isn't-it ?

And my understanding is, that the refund question with 80 or 90 % only starts, once the final payment date is passed. Before is full recovery

Happy cruising

G E R D

Hello "Alberta Quilter"

I do always (since 15 years) book HAL cruises via an US travel agent / payment also in US $

So it should be fine with 100 % refund for any kind of cancelation reason and prior of final payment -> isn't-it ?

And my understanding is, that the refund question with 80 or 90 % only starts, once the final payment date is passed. Before is full recovery

Happy cruising

G E R D

I think so but I don't know for sure. I've only ever paid a deposit until we reached final payment date. I would still double check with your TA.