No fridges on Sunshine?

cherbear4000

I am booked on the Sunshine and have been reading that there are no fridges in most of the cabins. I was surprised that Carnival didn't put them in during the renovation. We have cabins booked on the 6 and 8 decks. My sister needs a fridge to store breastmilk. Would Carnival put one in her room if she requested it for this reason?

I guess the rest of us can make due without one. Will the cabin steward fill up a cooler with ice along with the usual ice bucket daily for me if I request it? How much of a tip should I give when I ask him to do that for me?

I am booked on the Sunshine and have been reading that there are no fridges in most of the cabins. I was surprised that Carnival didn't put them in during the renovation. We have cabins booked on the 6 and 8 decks. My sister needs a fridge to store breastmilk. Would Carnival put one in her room if she requested it for this reason?

I guess the rest of us can make due without one. Will the cabin steward fill up a cooler with ice along with the usual ice bucket daily for me if I request it? How much of a tip should I give when I ask him to do that for me?

I just got off the Sunshine and there were no fridges on deck 6. My understanding is that only the new cabins and suites have them. There weren't even cans of soda in the cabin.

I would call special needs to see that she gets a fridge that is adequate for breast milk. Even the existing fridges on most ships are not suitable or recommended for storing medicines.

Your cabin steward will take care of your ice needs. I didn't have to request my ice bucket to be kept full on the Sunshine, but when I was on the Magic last October I did.

The limit for cooler size is 12x12x12, so keep that in mind.

I just got back from the Sunshine. We had an OV on Main and an OS on 7. My suggestion is if you are in any category below a suite I would definitely contact Special Needs prior to your sailing as there was no ice bucket to be found in our OV cabin on Main (but had ice daily as well as a fridge in the suite). Eventually we did ask our cabin steward for some ice but were told to call room service:rolleyes: