Milford Haven Wales

cole

I would imagine there would be taxi's waiting for you. If not, The taxi companies are quite close so calling for one to pick you up shouldn't be a problem and shouldn't take too long to arrive. Just be aware the fare to Pembroke or Tenby isn't going to be cheap. May I suggest trying to find a small group and hire a larger taxi (mini-bus) to make the cost per person a little less.

In both Pembroke and Tenby there are a good selection of Pub's, Cafes and small restaurants. IMHO the best chip-shops in Pembroke are "Browns" (a quite old-fashioned Cafe and take-away chip shop that still serves the limited menu in newspaper. The original Mrs Brown passed away a couple of years ago and was still serving at the counter at over 100 years of age) and "Rowlies" a recently renovated chip-shop that is within easy walking distance of the Castle. There is also the "Haven" coffee shop which can be seen from the castle. It is a Christian Fellowship cafe with a lovely garden to have a coffee or tea and cake in if the weather in in your favor.

In Tenby, the best chip-shop would have to be Fecci's on Lower Frog Street. They have been there for 50-60 years, maybe more and they have a game at the counter- If you can balance a 10p coin on a lemon floating in a bucket of water, you get your fish and chips for free. Fecci's also have an Ice-Cream Parlor that creates traditional and not so traditional creations from the Sundae to the Crinoline Lady Rocket ship and treasure chest. Tenby has more Pubs and Cafe's than you can shake a stick at.

When we get of the tender in Milford Haven will there be taxis waiting if we want to go to Pembroke or Tenby, or would we have to order one?

We did not see any taxis once off the tender in Milford Haven. May I suggest you look at the bus schedule? A taxi would be very expensive. When I was planning our trip for last summer I thought about taking the bus but we did a Princess shorex instead.

• 3 years later...

We were on the Holland American Prinsendam scheduled to visit Milford Haven on June 6, 2017. A member of our Cruise Critic group had made a reservation with Narberth Mini Bus Travel for a tour. She was required to make a 100 Pound deposit with the company in order to make the reservation...Because of bad weather in the area, the Prinsendam was unable to make the visit to Milford Haven. When informed that the port visit had been cancelled, The company refused to refund the deposit. We also had a port visit to Galway cancelled. The company who was scheduled for a Cruise Critic tour in Galway immediately refunded our deposit...We all kicked in our share of the deposit so that the person who made the reservation in Milford haven didn't have to bear all the burden of the loss....Just be aware that Narbeth Mini Bus Travel WILL NOT refund your deposit if your port call to Milford Haven is cancelled ..

John Hildebrandt Palm Coast Fl.