Who's really familiar with Cocoa Beach?

mamarulis

When we arrive back from our cruise, we will have about 4 hours to kill in Cocoa Beach before catching our ride back to MCO. I figure we'll shop and have a nice lunch. My questions - is there a "downtown" area where we can walk around to shops and restaurants? Also, what would be a good place to have our town car pick us up to take us back to the airport? TIA!

beach side not really

but you might like 'historic Cocoa Village' instead

lot's of small mom and pop shops and several places to eat

http://visitcocoavillage.com/

I will be visiting Port Canaveral on a cruise next month that is stopping there from 1-11pm. Cocoa Village sends like exactly what I might be interested in. Can you tell me what the approximate cost would be of a taxi there from the port and/or if there is another way to get there. Thanks.

I'd be willing to bet you could rent a car for the day for less than one way taxi . . .

very easy to drive around here ....

I have family on Jersey Shore and this is a piece of cake compared to the Brick / Manasquan area

I grew up in Cocoa Beach, and we now have a vacation place in Cape Canaveral. I love Cocoa Village, but it is not that much different than quaint shopping villages that can be found anywhere. The stuff that is sold is not particularly unique to the area, but a nice few hours can be spent browsing and eating lunch.

ON THE OTHER HAND... Your profile says you are from Las Vegas. I'll just bet there isn't a lot of ocean views and chances to walk/eat beside the sea and kick up sand on a wonderful memorable beach walk. Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral are typical beach towns in that they have all the shopping that goes along with beach towns.. t shirt shops etc. But there is Ron Jons and Cocoa Beach Surf Shop right next door for fun poking in the wide variety of branded merchandise they offer. Neat gifts if nothing else. After poking there I would suggest lunch at Grills or one of the other neat restaurants in the Cove overlooking the Port and the cruise ships. There is trolley service between all these places or a taxi is not that much money. If you get off your ship on Sunday you might want to consider Brunch at Atlantic Ocean Grill on the pier. You can walk along the beach to the pier.. it is an easy walk. In the Atlantic Ocean Grill you can get a table beside the large windows that put you right above the waves. It gets crowded after church lets out so get there at opening for your choice of a table.

There is no such thing as a bad day at the beach.

gail

I'd be willing to bet you could rent a car for the day for less than one way taxi . . .

very easy to drive around here ....

I have family on Jersey Shore and this is a piece of cake compared to the Brick / Manasquan area

LOL - I am still not one for driving when away from home! Is the cab more than $20?