Noro on the Island

hillslife

Just got a text from some friends on the Island Princess now. They have both been confined, and she was just sprung today, with Noro. Ships heads into the Panama Canal tomorrow....her husband is still in for 2 more days...yikes:eek:

Anyone else seen/heard anything about how bad the outbreak is or if it is just isolated. They sailed Feb 15 th...so must have gotten it on the ship....

hopefully, even though you are confined to the cabin, that you have a balcony.

We spent almost a full day on our balcony when we went thru the Panama Canal locks...we listened to the narration on the TV and watched the ship move through...it was unforgettable.

Has not reached CDC reporting levels at least.

There is Noro on probably EVERY cruise between Nov/Dec and Feb/March and probably on most others. The trick is to make sure it doesn't turn into an outbreak.

From what I've heard, it's very minor. The first thing if there are cases is that the ship starts serving in the buffet, there is no salt or pepper on tables, bread or butter on tables, etc.

Wash, wash, wash your hands!

The CMO on the Coral told us there are 4 level of Noro conditions. I may not have the colors right, it's been a while.

Clear - no known cases on board, emphasis on the known.

Green - Small number of cases, quarantine and treatment in effect.

Yellow - Risk of outbreak, low to mid level precautions in place

Red - Outbreak -Intensive cleaning mode, heavy quarantine procedures in place, no self-service at all, etc.

From what I've heard, it's very minor. The first thing if there are cases is that the ship starts serving in the buffet, there is no salt or pepper on tables, bread or butter on tables, etc.

Wash, wash, wash your hands!

Heard from my other friend on the Island today..she said t was announced on Saturday that they had Noro on board and the protocols they would be following. She didn't mention numbers, just that they hadn't been sick, but lots of hand washing... They were in Aruba today....

It is everywhere...but ships get all the news...:(