Albert tours Moorea 4x4 question

travelgirl913

We took Albert's Circle Island, which is the non-bumpy one and it was fine, but the 4X4 on Tahiti, and Bora Bora and Nuku Hiva were as advertised, very bumpy. If they warn you about bumps, don't risk the back injury. All of the FP islands have some incredibly lousy roads with incredibly gorgeous views.

We sat in the back of a small truck, which holds 8 people. It was basically a board with padding on it. I don't know if they would allow you to ride in the cab with the driver. You could always email them for more info

Thanks for your information. I e-mailed them a few days ago and I'm just waiting on a response.

We just returned from our Tahiti trip, and went on Albert's 4x4 in Moorea. It's a great trip...but extremely bumpy! If your back is already hurt, I'd really avoid this one. Albert's does have a boat trip that is amazing (less stress on your back), that visits two spots...one with the sharks (docile 5' max black tip reef sharks) and one with the rays, then over to a motu for a picnic and play. That was great! I wouldn't miss this one!!!!

Lisa

Archived