Internet in Alaska

mississauga

Just like the rest of the US, look for free internet in coffee shops. And remember to ask the ship's staff and crew -- they always know the best places for internet connections.

Thank you! Is there Starbucks or privately owned coffee shops?

You will find both Starbucks branded coffee shops and a number of independents. For example, the independent coffee shop in Juneau on S.Franklin Street (gosh, I think it is located on S. Franklin -- I can take you there in a heartbeat, but now am not sure which street it is on) offers free internet.

In Fairbanks both the two major independents (College Coffeehouse and Alaska Coffee Roasting) offer free internet, as do the Starbucks branded ones in both Fred Meyer stores. I'm trying to remember if the Starbucks branded coffee shop in our local Barnes and Noble offers free internet (you would think that I should know this as I am there frequently) but I believe that the coffee shop in one of our independent book stores, Gulliver's Books, offers internet.

But at the cruise ports that staff and crew will know.

Haines Library asks for a donation, which is only fair. And the coffee shops hope that you will buy a drink - pretty cheesy to just go there, sit down and use the internet without buying anything. The library in Skagway has free wifi.

Edited by frugaltravel