Port Evergalades Traffic and Tortuga Music Feast

rccranbob

Has anyone sailed out of Port Everglades while they are having the Festival in Ft Lauderdale, We are sailing on The Freedom 04/13/2014 and will be staying in Boca Raton the night before. I just want to get an idea of traffic conditions.

We went on a cruise last year from FLL. I can tell you that the traffic in FLL is awful any time of the year. They are constantly re-doing and changing everything around. You are going along in four lane highways bumper to bumper and all of a sudden your lane becomes an exit without warning and you can't move over. I was ready to pull over and just walk the rest of the way.

We took a shuttle from the hotel to the port. The driver said that she has lived in FLL for over 15 years and she still hates driving on their roads because of all of the construction. In fact, she got lost because they had closed a road off that morning that she had always used to get to the port.

Has anyone sailed out of Port Everglades while they are having the Festival in Ft Lauderdale, We are sailing on The Freedom 04/13/2014 and will be staying in Boca Raton the night before. I just want to get an idea of traffic conditions.
Since there is no parking for the festival and everything is happening on the beach, you shouldn't run into any traffic.