Old and New San Juan City Tour with Airport Drop-Off - SJ46

bup1224

Has anyone taken this tour post cruise - it is a Royal Caribbean tour but may be offered by other lines as well?

We are staying 2 extra nights in Rio Grande but want to see San Juan before going to our resort.

Is this tour worth it?

Has anyone taken this tour post cruise - it is a Royal Caribbean tour but may be offered by other lines as well?

We are staying 2 extra nights in Rio Grande but want to see San Juan before going to our resort.

Is this tour worth it?

I took it a couple of years ago as a better way to kill time than sitting in an airport. I prefer exploring the old city on foot, being cheaper and more personal, but I had no objection to the tour. I learned a few things, heard a few gags, and was glad to let the driver worry about navigating his 40-foot bus through the narrow streets. We stopped at one of the forts and another spot in the middle of the old town for a half hour each, plus a swing through the newer areas.

The question I would have is whether a tour with an airport drop-off is convenient for someone who is not taking a flight, if I understand correctly. Since they have car rentals at the airport it still might work.

You could probably do the same or a similar trip on your own for cheaper, but if you consider your time valuable, which I do, you could do what I did and just give the cruise line their profit and let them handle the arrangements. In any case the Old City is worth a look.

Thanks Lard. We are planning on renting a car at the airport so that is why we want to end up there on disembark day.

And yes - time is important to us so this may be just what we will do.

Several car rentals are across the street from the baggage claim area. I seem to recall the bus dropping us near the American check-in area. I can't place them relative to each other, but it's not a vast airport, so the walk shouldn't be terribly long.

• 3 months later...
With this tour, does your luggage go with you on the bus or is it transported separately to the airport?

D

We took this in Jan 2013. they put our luggage in a panel truck and when we got to the airport the luggage was all sitting there on the sidewalk, well away from the entrance to the airport with no on e watching it and it was pretty much free for all as to who picked up which bag. But it was a great tour!