Crown Grill Reservations

scrapycruiser

First of all, what's happened with the search function on CC ?

Haven't sailed with Princess in a while. What's the best way to secure reservations for the Crown Grill ?

Also, on the Ruby, which dining room do they use for anytime dining ?

Thanks in advance !:)

On most cruises there is no real problem getting reservations and we have often seen many empty tables. When you board you can call the DINE line from your cabin. On most ships there will be a table set up outside Sabatini's and you can also make reservations there and maybe see dining room menus. On our last cruise on the Sapphire you could not book Sabatini's or the Sterling Steakhouse before 8:00pm on embarkation day unless you were in a suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, I like calling The dine line, too. Sometimes it takes patience on the first day. I sit down and read the Princess Patter while waiting for them to answer.

Find the dine line's number in the Princess Patter, or some say on the button on the phone. (I can't perceive it on the phone button, but others say it is there:)

How odd about the 8pm rule on the first day on the Sapphire, but 8pm works for me:)

Enjoy the restaurants!

Yes' date=' I like calling The dine line, too. Sometimes it takes patience on the first day. I sit down and read the Princess Patter while waiting for them to answer.

Find the dine line's number in the Princess Patter, or some say on the button on the phone. (I can't perceive it on the phone button, but others say it is there:)

How odd about the 8pm rule on the first day on the Sapphire, but 8pm works for me:)

Enjoy the restaurants![/quote']Full suite passengers now get a complementary specialty restaurant meal on embarkation day. If you identified yourself as a full suite passenger you could book earlier than 8:00pm. Looks like at least on the Sapphire the were saving space for those reservations.

Haven't sailed with Princess in a while. What's the best way to secure reservations for the Crown Grill ?

Anytime dining is in Michaelangelo on deck 5, mid ship. After 7:30 (usually) it is also in the Da Vinci on deck 6 mid ship

It can be hectic to get through as all of the suite passengers are booking for their free dinner on sail away night. I have never seen the Crown Gril full and we use it often. We also tend to dine early so that may be part of the reason. If you can't get through on the dine line just go direct to the Matre d.

The search function has not been working for over a week now. There is a sticky at the top of each board, as well as a notice on the opening page of CC. It took me a couple days to notice it…after I had tried to search a few things.

Everything else has been answered for you.

I will state we were on a cruise, I think it was Sapphire Princess, called the dine line and they said they were fully booked for the night we wanted. As we were walking by that evening, we noticed the restaurant was almost empty, so we asked at the desk. He happily seated us immediately, saying they had had several cancelations. We were early, around 6:30 or so, all the tables around us were empty until 8:00. It was formal night, so I suspect people canceled for that. It was the last time we ever dressed for formal night. We had a great meal, the people around (eventually) us were dressed nicely, but not formal. Now we love to plan formal nights for the specialty restaurants. Better food, quiet ambience, wonderful service, don't have to wear suits and gowns…no hauling all that stuff in the suitcase. Win-win for us.

Happy KS

Thanks for the search info. And I totally agree with you about formal night !

We have been cruising since 1976 and while I enjoyed dressing up back then I'm more about comfort. That's what retirement is all about...right :D !!

We will be dining, hopefully, in the specialty restaurants on both formal nights.

I have just stopped by the Crown Grill and made a reservation there. Maybe they aren't there on embarkation day, but I've never had any trouble making a reservation. Once I had to pick a time that was not exactly what I wanted, but they called me later and told me that the time was available.

I use the search function on the top right of the page entitled SEARCH CRUISE CRITIC. It has served me well enough.

It can be hectic to get through as all of the suite passengers are booking for their free dinner on sail away night. I have never seen the Crown Gril full and we use it often. We also tend to dine early so that may be part of the reason. If you can't get through on the dine line just go direct to the Matre d.

Interesting! We have never called the dine-line for reservations to a Specialty Restaurant. I always stop by at Sabatini's for the free dinner on sail away night and make the reservation in person. :) It gives me a chance to meet the Head Waiter and let him know to expect us for breakfast in the morning~!;)

Yes' date=' I like calling The dine line, too. Sometimes it takes patience on the first day. I sit down and read the Princess Patter while waiting for them to answer.

Find the dine line's number in the Princess Patter, or some say on the button on the phone. (I can't perceive it on the phone button, but others say it is there:)[/quote']

The dine line is usually DINE on the phone -- 3463

We usually eat in the speciality restaurant on formal night but still dress up. I think its not just for the main dinning room but also the speciality restaurants to

dress up on formal. To each his own.

Per the princess website:

"Everyone at Princess is committed to ensuring you have a great time on your cruise. So, to preserve a relaxed and friendly atmosphere onboard, we ask that you observe a few guidelines.

•When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all our guests. For details regarding this, please see the section on Formal Wear."

It is not for the speciality restaurants.......