what happens to your deposit if not fully paid by final payment date?

youngreflection

Hi! I've posted re my dilemma on switching to an FV room after I have made full payment on a regular veranda cabin, but still before Celebrity's final payment date, here's our latest prob...

My TA says (due to time difference and the system itself), it will take time for Celebrity to credit all our payments from old room with old reservation # to our new preferred room with its new reservation # (it's been 5 days now).

And since our cruise's final payment date is 1 day from now, my TA fears our reserved FV room booking might be released automatically if we don't make a deposit on it online. Since the price difference on the new FV room is roughly $2k and the deposit is only $1800, we figured, Celebrity can always apply the $1800 and we can just pay a little more after everything's been sorted.

But we wonder if after final payment date, and with only the deposit paid on the new FV room, will Celebrity charge penalties for late full payment after final payment date is due?

On the other hand, for our old fully paid booking, will Celebrity, after final payment date is past, treat the transferring of our old payment as a "cancellation" and hold a portion of it?

My TA says no, but we are worried if we can believe her or not given that she's having hard time handling this. So maybe experienced Celebrity cruisers can give us your inputs? Thank you.

This does make sense in today's computer world!! Your money should slide from one cabin to the other . I moved from an inside to a CC class cabin well after final payment and this issue was not even mentioned . My TA just did it all while I was on the phone. You are not cancelling ...you are just upgrading. Call Celebrity if you are worried, but do not make a second booking!

I use a TA for my bookings nowadays. Not a large one, a small boutique one.

In January me and 2 friends cruised on Connie. Initially we had 2 cabins under 2 reservation numbers booked and deposited a year ago, but as final payment time got here, decided we'd all just share a single suite.

TA moved the 2 occupants to my cabin, and also "moved" their deposits to the new reservation (well, it was the same revelation of rate suite, just added the occupants to it). We did this all on the day final payment was due, and had no further issue.

Theoretically, same thing OP wants to do, cancel a cabin and rebook.

So My TA could do it, not sure why others can't. She's done this a couple times for me as I have changed and rebooked etc. along the way.

I can't believe your TA isn't just taking care of this in a 15 min phone call with their contacts at Celebrity. I don't think this is a major chore and our TA, as well as those of other friends, have taken care of such things quickly with little or no hassle. I'd start going up the chain at the TA's office. You are paying them for this service!

...Call Celebrity if you are worried, but do not make a second booking!

Unfortunately Celebrity probably won't deal with them directly since part of their issue relates to a reservation made through a TA. But it couldn't hurt to try and they might ask for Celebrity's problem resolution department when they call since the initial rep they talk to at Celebrity will probably just say they can't help due to the TA.

Edited by Lsimon