Discontinued tour in Falmouth

mearthus's wife

Me and my husband are travelling on the Oasis western Caribbean on 15th March. We were booked on the chukka horse and buggy ride through historical Falmouth, yesterday we got an email from RCCL telling us this has been discontinued so with just over a week till we fly to Florida we are looking for ideas for an alternative tour. We are looking for something to do in the morning leaving the afternoon free for wandering around the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We took a taxi ride from Falmouth to Montego Bay. Our cab driver was awesome! He showed us lots of sights, took us to a beautiful house on a hill that use to be owned by the Dewar's family, and took us to a free beach spot which was gorgeous! If you want to be more adventurous, my nieces and nephew did the horse riding excursion. They loved it! The port at Falmouth was very nice, but other than that it didn't seem like there was much to do there. Btw the taxi was $35 per person round trip for a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4.

Me and my husband are travelling on the Oasis western Caribbean on 15th March. We were booked on the chukka horse and buggy ride through historical Falmouth' date=' yesterday we got an email from RCCL telling us this has been discontinued so with just over a week till we fly to Florida we are looking for ideas for an alternative tour. We are looking for something to do in the morning leaving the afternoon free for wandering around the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

I would suggest contacting Marva Shaw with knowjamaica.com. They have a tour they do out of Falmouth called the Trelawny Tour (Falmouth is the capitol of the Trelawny Parish).

It is totally customizable. Marva or Javia can take your group wherever you want to go. Contact them with what you are interested in doing and they will offer suggestions to see and do, whether you want to stay in Falmouth or drive to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. Let them know what time you want to be back to the port and they will do the rest!

We docked in Falmouth last Wednesday, and had a wonderful time with Javia. He met us in the Falmouth RCI port area and off we went!

We have used them twice and will use them every time we return to Jamaica!

We took the Heritage Walking Tour (ship's excursion $29 pp) to see the real Falmouth. It was about a 2 mi walk in 2 hours (~1030-1230). The guide was very pleasant and knowledgeable. She had an assistant that brought up the rear and seemed to keep the locals away. The guide was a little hard to hear sometimes due to traffic noise. I'm glad I took the tour for the up close look at Falmouth.

look on tripadvisor.com

for things to do at Falmouth

We are staying on land - 6th time - but will do the

Martha Brae hour long raft down lazy river in the jungle!

We did the Martha Brae a few years ago and it was fun. The worst part was the 45-60 minute drive from Ochos Rios. From Falmouth it would be a very short drive.