Norwegian lost my onboard credit

darkauburnnotred

I am going to be sailing on the Getaway on 5/10 and have made my final payment. They also originally gave me a $100 onboard credit. I noticed a price drop last Friday and asked my TA to see if I can get additional onboard credit due to the price drop.

I checked my account a little later that day and noticed that my OB credit went from $100 to $25. I called my TA and let her know. According to her, she spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to get my reservation fixed, but the credit is all screwed up. She said she is working with the sales manager and her sales rep to fix it. It is now Tuesday, and it still has not changed. Her sales rep said it should be, but it is not. We are working together to try to get this resolved. She has various calls in, and it should be resolved soon.

Any thoughts on what I can do, or do I need to wait for my TA? My TA is excellent, but I feel like she is getting the run around.

The same thing happened to me last week. I called in to my PVC because the price had dropped for our Getaway sailing. Luckily I checked my online account and noticed that our $400 OBC had gone down to $50. I called back and they fixed it right away. I know this doesn't pertain directly to you because you booked through a TA but I just wanted to let you know that it can be fixed! I hope that's at least a little comforting. Good luck!

Its not all scrwwed up. Your original booking included the $100 obc. When you booked the price drop you essentially cancelled your original booking and the obc along with it. Your TA should explain this to you rather than making excuses and blaming NCL.

If that was the case, then she should have just told me. I even told her that if the price drop would result in the cancellation of the credit, to not worry about it. She said that she has everyone involved so we will see. It's not a deal breaker, but I was really wanting to hit the spa or go to a specialty restaurant. I am on a budget.

I know where you are comming from....I had booked my 1/11/15 cruise in Jan of this year.....I got the $300 suite credit and $150 for a wave promo....My NCL PCC messed it up when I booked a second suite for my daughter and some how I lost my $150 OBC....he is taking it up with his supervisor to get it back....I dont see how he would have to take it up with them, just give it back....Im getting a little upset...then I looked on the NCL site today and the second suite I booked should have gotten the $300 plus and additional $150 and extra lat. point per day for the Feb Latitudes promo...I didnt get either of them...Ive been trying to call him all day and he is not answering...Im getting a little upset....you would think after booking 2 suites, they would try to make things right. :mad:

If that was the case, then she should have just told me. I even told her that if the price drop would result in the cancellation of the credit, to not worry about it. She said that she has everyone involved so we will see. It's not a deal breaker, but I was really wanting to hit the spa or go to a specialty restaurant. I am on a budget.

You didn't explain that in your original post. I thought you just called to ask about the lower price, and getting additional OBC to make up for the lower price. If your TA was able to actually GET you the lower price, then your TA had to cancel and rebook. Whenever you do that, you risk losing your OBC from your original booking.

Your TA should have told you that (and should have CHECKED) before doing the cancel and rebook. It is NOT NCL's fault.

I know where you are comming from....I had booked my 1/11/15 cruise in Jan of this year.....I got the $300 suite credit and $150 for a wave promo....My NCL PCC messed it up when I booked a second suite for my daughter and some how I lost my $150 OBC....he is taking it up with his supervisor to get it back....I dont see how he would have to take it up with them, just give it back....Im getting a little upset...then I looked on the NCL site today and the second suite I booked should have gotten the $300 plus and additional $150 and extra lat. point per day for the Feb Latitudes promo...I didnt get either of them...Ive been trying to call him all day and he is not answering...Im getting a little upset....you would think after booking 2 suites, they would try to make things right. :mad:

That stinks. That is basically where I am stuck right now. According to my TA, I have $150 coming to me. That's quite a bit of money for a solo.

Why is it that it seems like all cruise line call center personnel don't know anything?

You didn't explain that in your original post. I thought you just called to ask about the lower price, and getting additional OBC to make up for the lower price. If your TA was able to actually GET you the lower price, then your TA had to cancel and rebook. Whenever you do that, you risk losing your OBC from your original booking.

Your TA should have told you that (and should have CHECKED) before doing the cancel and rebook. It is NOT NCL's fault.

That is what I asked. I said I know they can't reduce my cruise price but to see whether I could get the credit. I then said if it would result in a cancellation of the credit to not worry about it. There might be more going on behind the scenes.

It's not a dealbreaker. I'm just a bit mad.

That is what I asked. I said I know they can't reduce my cruise price but to see whether I could get the credit. I then said if it would result in a cancellation of the credit to not worry about it. There might be more going on behind the scenes.

I don't blame you for being mad. You didn't give your TA the authority to cancel and re-book your cabin. I am not sure about your TA being "excellent" if this was the result of a question.

To be honest, if your TA screwed up, then the OBC that you lost should come from your TA.

Hopefully you will get it all worked out. Perhaps there will be a more significant price drop yet again.

Come to think of it, there is also another promo starting on Feb 27th - what kind of cabin do you have?

I don't blame you for being mad. You didn't give your TA the authority to cancel and re-book your cabin. I am not sure about your TA being "excellent" if this was the result of a question.

To be honest, if your TA screwed up, then the OBC that you lost should come from your TA.

Hopefully you will get it all worked out. Perhaps there will be a more significant price drop yet again.

Come to think of it, there is also another promo starting on Feb 27th - what kind of cabin do you have?

I have a studio currently. Final payment was due yesterday so I don't think I'd be eligible for anything else. I have not have problems with her until now.

I have a studio currently. Final payment was due yesterday so I don't think I'd be eligible for anything else. I have not have problems with her until now.

There aren't too many discounts or promotions for the studios - they usually sell out.

I would say if you have used this TA for at least a couple of things before this, to give her another day or two.

If they can't get it worked out, I would just ask HER for the OBC (from the TA's agency) to make it right.

I would also double-check with NCL (via your reservation on the NCL website) after this is all said and done to assure you have the same cabin, and everything else is still correct.

There aren't too many discounts or promotions for the studios - they usually sell out.

I would say if you have used this TA for at least a couple of things before this, to give her another day or two.

If they can't get it worked out, I would just ask HER for the OBC (from the TA's agency) to make it right.

I would also double-check with NCL (via your reservation on the NCL website) after this is all said and done to assure you have the same cabin, and everything else is still correct.

I'm feeling the same way. Everything else on the website looks correct - same stateroom, etc..

Well, I finally got my PCC online....he is telling me there is nothing they can do...I’m really upset now... :mad:...then I asked him about the second suite...he said he tried to add it and it wont let him...I went online and tried a booking and it showed the $450 OBC in the booking...he did it and when he went to save it, it took it off...then he tried to tell me that they probably are not combinable...to which I replied..it shows it on my screen..do I need to take a screen shot of it and send it to your boss??????? I told him it was ludicrous that they wouldn’t combine the suite and latitudes offer because most of the people that book a suite are latitudes members. I shouldn’t have to fight this hard to spend the amount of money I’m spending for 2 suites...:rolleyes:

Edited by skyfire53

Well, I finally got my PCC online....he is telling me there is nothing they can do...I’m really upset now... :mad:...then I asked him about the second suite...he said he tried to add it and it wont let him...I went online and tried a booking and it showed the $450 OBC in the booking...he did it and when he went to save it, it took it off...then he tried to tell me that they probably are not combinable...to which I replied..it shows it on my screen..do I need to take a screen shot of it and send it to your boss??????? I told him it was ludicrous that they wouldn’t combine the suite and latitudes offer because most of the people that book a suite are latitudes members. I shouldn’t have to fight this hard to spend the amount of money I’m spending for 2 suites...:rolleyes:

Samething happened to us... when we decided to pay to upgrade to large balacony.... not even an upsale...and guess what...$100 OBC gone.. took so long to get it back.

Well, he just told me that as a "courtesy" they are putting it back on....making it sound like they are doing me a favor....it was there then they did something then it was gone....he said that he thinks they are realizing that something is going on with their systems....I asked him "ya think?"...but good news, I got the latitudes promo with the extra point and the $150 on top of the $300 for the one and the total $450 on the first one...whew...that was alot of work just to spend money...lol :D....so, if its gone, keep on it and hopefully you will get it back too.;)

Can't you just cancel both and re-book them yourself online? It's still 9 months out, so you should still get the $300 OBC and the wave promotion is still good until the beginning of April, I believe.

Can't you just cancel both and re-book them yourself online? It's still 9 months out, so you should still get the $300 OBC and the wave promotion is still good until the beginning of April, I believe.

the second one I could, but the first one was less when I booked it, so it would cost more....I had to wait until I had the deposit money to book the second one, so that one I could have canceled and rebooked since I just booked that one last week, but if they were going to have to fix it on one, they needed to fix it on both..lol..its the principle of the thing at that point.:rolleyes:...at this point, Im concidering moving both of them to a TA....I have to make sure first if I do that if the OBC's are going to follow after all this drama...lol

Edited by skyfire53

I have to say I'm curious as to why you are a bit mad? You stated final payment has been made and we all know once final payment has been made, there is not more chance for payment adjustments or OBC. But you went ahead and tried anyway and now you've lost some OBC whereas if you had just left it alone (knowing you shouldn't have gotten anything anyway), you'd still have all your OBC. Seems if people would stop trying to get things they are not entitled to, there would be fewer problems all around.

I could be wrong but it sounds to me like the TA may have cancelled the old reservation and booked the new one, at a lower price on line instead of calling NCL. they could have advised her which would be the best for her client. If this is the case, it is things like this that can give all TAs a bad rap!!! I might be wrong, but I know from personal experience, when there is a change on a reservation that can affect an OBC or something it needs to be handled via the phone.

I have to say I'm curious as to why you are a bit mad? You stated final payment has been made and we all know once final payment has been made, there is not more chance for payment adjustments or OBC. But you went ahead and tried anyway and now you've lost some OBC whereas if you had just left it alone (knowing you shouldn't have gotten anything anyway), you'd still have all your OBC. Seems if people would stop trying to get things they are not entitled to, there would be fewer problems all around.

I'm just mad at the fact my TA did not advise me. I asked it was possible and not to worry about it if I'd lose the credit. I do not feel entitled - just want what I originally wanted.

That simply isn't true.

MANY (and I do mean MANY) people have gotten additional OBC or even free upgrades when a price drops after final payment.

NCL doesn't HAVE to do anything after final payment, but many times they will - even if just as a token. Sometimes it's as little as 25% of the price difference in OBC, and sometimes its a complete category upgrade.

People can certainly TRY to get their price adjusted (or OBC), and it doesn't mean THEY are creating problems.

I'm just mad at the fact my TA did not advise me. I asked it was possible and not to worry about it if I'd lose the credit. I do not feel entitled - just want what I originally wanted.

I understand. I'm simply saying, knowing that no one is supposed to get anything after final payment the call should not have been made in the first place and therefore everything would still be the same if the attempt to get something extra was not made.

I understand. I'm simply saying, knowing that no one is supposed to get anything after final payment the call should not have been made in the first place and therefore everything would still be the same if the attempt to get something extra was not made.

The final payment date was actually yesterday. I do understand that and regret what I did. Maybe it's time for a new TA....

That simply isn't true.

MANY (and I do mean MANY) people have gotten additional OBC or even free upgrades when a price drops after final payment.

NCL doesn't HAVE to do anything after final payment, but many times they will - even if just as a token. Sometimes it's as little as 25% of the price difference in OBC, and sometimes its a complete category upgrade.

People can certainly TRY to get their price adjusted (or OBC), and it doesn't mean THEY are creating problems.

Every document states in plain English that after final payment has been made, there is no ability to get a reduced cabin price or OBC. You are correct though that many people ignore those words and some are lucky enough to actually get something they are not entitled to, but many others run into the kind of headache and screwed up reservations which they would not have had to deal with if they had simply followed the rules.

So please tell me, what part simply isn't true? I stated that people are not authorized any reduction or OBC after final payment....you yourself stated that is correct. People also run into problems in attempting to get something after final payment....this thread is proof enough alone to show that is true. So, what was not true?

The final payment date was actually yesterday. I do understand that and regret what I did. Maybe it's time for a new TA....

I just don't understand this. :confused: How is the TA to blame? :confused:

Let me ask a different way. If you had said, "dang honey, it figures after we made final payment they would drop the price of our cruise......oh well." and not made a call to your TA, would you still have the $100 OBC?

Edited by Out to sea!