Snorkeling the reef at 9am?

cpizzull

Hi All! Will be heading to Nachi with a large group and most of us are hoping to snorkel the reef via the tours there. I was curious if the water will be too choppy that early morning or is it pretty much the same no matter what time? Any experiences from doing the 9am reef snorkel?

Also, Nachi seems to only do 8 at a time. If I have a group of 15 or so, has anyone had a tour operator come in and pick up your group from Nachi beach?

Thx!

I would suggest asking the people at Nachi about more. They may not have enough snorkeling boats. You can also contact a good snorkeling vendor, like Eagle Ray Divers, and asking if they pick up at Nachi.

As far as how calm or rough the water will be, it will depend on the weather conditions that day. As the boats would go away from Nachi to the reef, conditions away from shore may be different than what you see at the beach. It'll be up to the tour operators whether or not to go out. And up to the experience of your group whether all or some go out. Generally, the winds are lighter in the early morning unless a front is coming through and Nachi is on the lee side of Coz. But if there'll be any wind, it'll start building by 9 or 10AM Coz time.

I would suggest asking the people at Nachi about more. They may not have enough snorkeling boats. You can also contact a good snorkeling vendor, like Eagle Ray Divers, and asking if they pick up at Nachi.

As far as how calm or rough the water will be, it will depend on the weather conditions that day. As the boats would go away from Nachi to the reef, conditions away from shore may be different than what you see at the beach. It'll be up to the tour operators whether or not to go out. And up to the experience of your group whether all or some go out. Generally, the winds are lighter in the early morning unless a front is coming through and Nachi is on the lee side of Coz. But if there'll be any wind, it'll start building by 9 or 10AM Coz time.

Thx for the info crewsweeper! Much appreciated!