Can I do laundry on the cruise ship?

Princess has laundry rooms. Cori

Also HAL, Disney and Carnival. I can go a week without doing laundry but I do like the irons for touch-ups. It saves a few dollars from having to send things out to be pressed.

Also HAL, Disney and Carnival. I can go a week without doing laundry but I do like the irons for touch-ups. It saves a few dollars from having to send things out to be pressed.

Not all Hal ships have self service laundry - I believe the three newer ships do not.

To the original poster - Celebrity does not have self-service laundry on any of their ships.

The prices for Celebrity's laundry and dry cleaning services are listed on their website under FAQ's - Ship and Stateroom details:

Regular Service - Next Day

Picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned Next Day

Same Day Service - Add 50% Express Service Surcharge

Picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned Same Day

Laundry Services

Ladies/ Gentlemen

Dress $5.50 /Trousers $3.75

Skirt $2.75/ Shorts $2.50

Slacks $3.25/ Sport Shirt $2.75

Blouse $3.25 /Regular Shirt $2.75

Blazer $4.25 /Formal Shirt $3.50

Sweater $2.75/ Under Shirt $1.00

Pajamas $3.25 /Under Shorts $1.00

Night Gown $3.25/ T-Shirt $2.25

Slip $1.50 /Pajamas $3.50

Brassiere $1.50 /Handkerchief $0.75

Panties $1.00 /Sweater $2.75

Hosiery $1.00 /Socks $1.00

Handkerchief $0.75 /Sweatshirt $2.50

Bathing Suit $1.75 /Bathing Suit $1.75

Sports Shirt $2.75

Shorts $2.50

Socks $1.00

Sweatshirt $2.50

Dry-Cleaning Services

Ladies /Gentlemen

Suit $7.00/ Suit $7.00

Dress $6.00/ Sport Jacket $5.50

Slacks $3.25/ Sport Shirt $2.75

Skirt $4.50 /Tuxedo Jacket $6.00

Blouse $3.75/ Vest $3.50

Blazer $5.00 /Shirt $3.50

Slacks $4.50 /Trousers $4.00

Evening Gown $7.50 /Tie $2.00

Silk Blouse $5.50 /Sweater $3.50

Scarf $1.50

Pressing Services

Ladies /Gentlemen

Suit $3.50 /Suit $3.50

Blazer $2.50/ Sport Jacket $2.50

Slacks $2.25 /Tuxedo Jacket $3.00

Skirt $2.50/ Trousers $2.25

Blouse $2.25/ Sport Shirt $1.50

Shirt $1.75/ Regular Shirt $2.00

Dress $3.75/ Formal Shirt $2.50

Evening Gown $4.50/ Vest $1.75

Silk Blouse $2.75

• Special articles of apparel such as silks, flannel trousers, woolens and other items which are difficult to clean are accepted for laundering only at owner's risk
  • Items marked "DRY CLEAN ONLY," should NOT be laundered
  • In case of loss or damage, liability is limited to ten times the prices charges for laundry/pressing of said article. Not responsible for shrinkage, fastness of colors, zippers, buttons and ornaments, or ordinary wear and tear in pressing, or anything left in pockets of garments
  • All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without further notice.

If you are going on a 7 night cruise, laundry should be the last thing on your mind. Send the stuff out and enjoy your vacation. Take enough underwear to last the week.

We have been on ships with laundry rooms and you really don't want to go there. We tried, once, there was a line out the door (should have known, it was a sea day), everyone was saying the wait was about 2 - 3 hours.

Thank you so much...we are on the Infinity. We have three kids so even at those prices it could get costly. Is it worth bringing a travel iron to avoid lines?

Do the ships have very limited video games...as in only 2 or 3 kids can play at a time? Should my son bring along some? (he likes games)

On binoculars for Alaska, does anyone know the minimum power level we should bring? (i.e. 7x, 12x ??)

Not all Hal ships have self service laundry - I believe the three newer ships do not.

To the original poster - Celebrity does not have self-service laundry on any of their ships.

The prices for Celebrity's laundry and dry cleaning services are listed on their website under FAQ's - Ship and Stateroom details:

xxxx

Thank you so much...we are on the Infinity. We have three kids so even at those prices it could get costly. Is it worth bringing a travel iron to avoid lines?

Do the ships have very limited video games...as in only 2 or 3 kids can play at a time? Should my son bring along some? (he likes games)

On binoculars for Alaska, does anyone know the minimum power level we should bring? (i.e. 7x, 12x ??)

I'm not sure about Celebrity, but RCI doesn't allow you to bring travel irons as they are a fire hazard. If you are worried about wrinkles, try Downy Wrinkle Release or just hang up the clothing in the bathroom as you shower and let the steam do the rest.

If your son really likes games, then have him bring them along. It will be alot less expensive in the long run for you, even if there are plenty available aboard.

You should probably ask about the binocular power on the Alaska board. I know they had a thread going about it a couple of weeks ago.

I don't believe any cruise line allows irons of any type in the cabins. Such a huge fire hazard.:eek: I know Carnival has this info in all their brochures and welcome booklets: "No irons, heating pads, or candles allowed in cabins."

If you are going on a 7 night cruise, laundry should be the last thing on your mind. Send the stuff out and enjoy your vacation. Take enough underwear to last the week.

We have been on ships with laundry rooms and you really don't want to go there. We tried, once, there was a line out the door (should have known, it was a sea day), everyone was saying the wait was about 2 - 3 hours.

Yes, LAUNDRY will be the last thing I will do on my vacation@

Well, with 3 kids, you are in a whole different set of rules than many others who are cruising :eek:. There are no self laundry facilities on Infinity, so your choices are: pack enough for the whole week (yikes), pay the laundry fees (hoping your kids will be able to wear a few items twice), or, check the Alaska board here, I remember a few people last year doing laundry in, I think, a laundromat in Juneau.

I'll give you the boring details of how we managed last year:

I tried so hard to cut down on our packing and still felt like we took a mountain of luggage (we have 2 kids). We had 2 days prior in Vancouver, plus one day after. Because of this laundry quandary, we booked a hotel in Vancouver that listed a self-serve laundry room (Marriott Residence Inn). The morning of embarkation, DH and I got up early, made the kids strip out of PJs and did a couple loads before we boarded. It really wasn't so bad, the breakfast room was on the same floor as the laundromat, so we ate during the wash cycle. We than had our jeans (2 pair each) washed during the cruise, wearing each pair twice. Ditto with a few T-shirts. Our laundry bill came to somewhere between 30-40 for the week this way. For formal and informal nights, the guys wore the same shirts twice, only changing the ties on formal nights. I had them wear the same clothes for the first and last nights dinners and did not launder them. My daughter and I mixed and matched a few tops and pants for dinner also. We reversed the laundry detail upon return (staying at the same hotel) only stayed up late to launder clothing to wear home in the morning.

If all this sounds tedious, upon our return home, we had 14 loads of laundry piled in the living room. Thank goodness DH doesn't mind sharing this chore!

Good luck to you, I hope you find a workable method for your family. Have an awesome cruise, you will love Alaska!

Ah - Laundry , Princess ships have laundries for passengers but they are always busy- you would think that people came on the ship with their wash from home_ I finally gave up and washed things in the sink- I have a lot of clothes that are designed for travel- quick dry and pretty wrinkle free - you can find special catalogues that sell travel clothing- Kids can be a big problem but they rarely care if stuff is wrinkled or even dirty. Have fun - wash should not even be an issue on a cruise of 7 days or less........................

Thanks kathy...you had wonderful advice. In fact, we too are staying a few days before and after in Vancouver so that's a good idea to try to get a little done one last time before we depart. We are staying at the RI on the way home so that's good to know too! I really appreciate your 'wise-mom' ideas and your understanding that...no matter what...I really can't pack 10 days worth of clothes for 5 people!

janet

We pack our clothes with our plastic coathangers as well. Makes it easy unpacking and also works great for hanging wet clothes in the shower. It worked out great on our Hawaii ten day cruise. Just remember to pack a small bottle of detergent with Downey.

Ah - Laundry , Princess ships have laundries for passengers but they are always busy- you would think that people came on the ship with their wash from home_ I finally gave up and washed things in the sink- I have a lot of clothes that are designed for travel- quick dry and pretty wrinkle free - you can find special catalogues that sell travel clothing- Kids can be a big problem but they rarely care if stuff is wrinkled or even dirty. Have fun - wash should not even be an issue on a cruise of 7 days or less........................

Yep you do not want to go on a sea day. either take an hour while the ship is in por tor get up early and go around 7 a.m.

I have read posts of people on RCCL with balconies bringing a clothesline and liquid detergent to rinse out a few things.

Yes but your on vacation!!! Room srevice will do it for you for a fee!!!

Chuck if you had read this whole thread you would realize Janet knows about the laundry service but she has three children which would make that a little pricy for her.

Janet I hope you have a good time.

Archived