Anyone have experience with youth Only Excursion

freewilly

They offered one on the Dream for Circle C and Club O2 to Trunk Bay in St. Thomas. Personally, I was not comfortable allowing by daughter to go. I would have never been able to enjoy my day knowing my child was on an excursion in another country with "strangers". The counselors are great on board but, you really don't know them.

My DS has been cruising with us since he was 9, he was 17 on our last cruise. I would NEVER allow him to go off the ship without either the DH or me being with him. It's just how we feel. He's free to roam the ship on his own, but off it, not so much, there are just too many things that could go wrong even in the best of circumstances. On our last cruise in one of the ports, we went to a little shopping area and we did let the boys (the DH and his friend) shop on their own and get snacks on their own...while they were off on their own, they were offered drugs and pot. The kids new better than to even "think about it" and they thought it was funny. I had told them this would happen and they didn't believe me...now they know! As it was, the boys were 10 mins. late getting back to where we had planned to meet to take the shuttle back to the ship and I almost had a heart attack! The DH went looking for them and couldn't find them. They showed up eating snow cones and said they were sorry they were late but the line was long. I let that one slide but told them if they were ever late again...that would be the end of them going out of our sight.

Also, in Nassau, we were coming back from shopping in the Straw Market when we saw, what we presumed was a local, walking towards us; he was drunk as a skunk and very belligerent and confrontational, demanding that we give him money. The DH told him to get away from us and after calling us all kinds of "names I won't mention here"; he walked away. He smelled like he had fallen out of a garbage bin or something. The boys thought it was funny...me not so much. These are experiences that the boys can learn from but are situations that I wouldn't want them to have to deal with if we weren't with them or nearby them.

So, NO, I would not allow my kid to go on one of those types of excursions.

Edited by mousey

Looking at excursions and remembered they offer youth only excursions...on Dream later this year..any one have experience with these..

I went on a Caribbean cruise as a school trip at 15. I did fine, but that may not always be the case. I have twin boys ,so they look out for each other. I am trying to let them spread their wings and am debating on the cruise sponsored excursions. I grew up in a huge city and now my kids have lived in a bubble. ...Thanks for all the input!!!:)

They offered one on the Dream for Circle C and Club O2 to Trunk Bay in St. Thomas. Personally, I was not comfortable allowing by daughter to go. I would have never been able to enjoy my day knowing my child was on an excursion in another country with "strangers". The counselors are great on board but, you really don't know them.

So true...

I have twin boys.. and a daughter. I am way more protective of my girl..:o

I know ... this is why we have not let them excursion without us with the ship before...