Ensenda Excursion options?

Califor6

What are the various Ensenda (4night on Imagination) Excursions available to sign up for on ship? What tours/excursions do you recommend for family with no little kids; youngest age is 16? Good/bad comments on what you've gone on. THANKS

I loved the wine tour also. My son was 19, looked 21 and no one asked him for ID so he did enjoy the wine tasting and received his free bottle of wine. The La Bufadora excursion is always fun too. When I took my 3 step kids (16 to 22) on their first cruise they really enjoyed La Bufadora. You can get some of the best tacos ever there! Enjoy!

http://www.lascanadas.com/en/Canopy-Tour-Zipline.html

It's amazing, inexpensive and worth it! I went twice. You can get a cheap trip there through the bus transfer that takes you into town from the ship or you can negotiate your own taxi. The shuttle also has combo deals that include the canopy tour & blowhole visit combined. Either way, they're fun, cheaper than Carnival, guaranteed to get you back to the ship in plenty of time and worth it! :):):):) (Four smiley faces from a satisfied/seasoned Ensenada-er!)

internet available as you walk to town (you could take the bus but then you have to walk back), just past the bridge on the left side 15min. from ship. They have computers if you don't have one $1/hr...good if it's your last stop and need to do an airline check in. Lots of stores and bars if you don't want to do a tour.

Happy sailing

Ian

Thanks for info....

SoCalKJ.....you're the 2nd person that has mentioned this ziplining place (and it is one of the activities that the family said they'd like to do). although I'm hesitent to 'book' anything outside of the ship sponsored activities/excursions - as I have read so many postings that stress NOT MISSING THE SHIP...and that there is no gurantee unless it's ship sponsored...

has ANYONE ever had a problem getting back to ship on a non-sponsored ship excursion?

Thanks for info....

SoCalKJ.....you're the 2nd person that has mentioned this ziplining place (and it is one of the activities that the family said they'd like to do). although I'm hesitent to 'book' anything outside of the ship sponsored activities/excursions - as I have read so many postings that stress NOT MISSING THE SHIP...and that there is no gurantee unless it's ship sponsored...

has ANYONE ever had a problem getting back to ship on a non-sponsored ship excursion?

No. Never had a problem. Done it twice...once with a taxi and once through the shuttle. Most people that have a problem getting back to the ship are the ones that are sitting at the local bars getting trashed. :-)

Isn't Ensenada a late port?Most of our trips it has been a 10:00 departure

Ship leaves around 6pm on the 3day cruises and either 8pm or 10pm on the 4 day cruises. We've had both.

A few weeks ago they were paging one of the Comedians. He was late for to the ship in Ensenada.

OP--All abord from shore is 30 minutes before sailaway time.