South Beach Hotels

rvalente74

Hello all!

Going to Miami next October, need a room for 4 in South Beach.

Any thoughts about these hotels?

The Kent Hotel - 1131 Collins Ave

The Colony Hotel - 736 Ocean Dr

Avalon Hotel - 700 Ocean Dr

Thanks!!!

Hello all!

Going to Miami next October, need a room for 4 in South Beach.

Any thoughts about these hotels?

The Kent Hotel - 1131 Collins Ave

The Colony Hotel - 736 Ocean Dr

Avalon Hotel - 700 Ocean Dr

Thanks!!!

These three historic hotels that you have picked have very tiny hotel rooms. The room sizes were not changed when the hotels renovated so finding a room that sleeps four is not only an upgrade but expensive. A double/double room in those hotels will most likely cost more than a standard.

That said, October is the very end of off season the beginning of peak season so prices should be really good. I would recommend looking at the following hotels that were built from the ground up and will have rooms that are comfortable for four. Even if the above hotels give you a room that sleep four, it will be very tight quarters.

Courtyard Marriott South Beach

Marriott South Beach

Loews Hotel

Mondrian (only because I've seen fantastic summer and fall rates)

I would book a hotel at a price that you can live with that you can cancel and watch prices. Unless there is a city wide convention, you should see prices bottom out by September. I think you'll be able to get a room at a luxury hotel for under $175, less for the Courtyard.

Thanks for the advice.

While those I listed have price of $122/night (double/double), Courtyard cost is $266/night.

I have 3 nights to spend before cruise, so is it that bad on room size for us on The Kent or The Colony?

thanks again!

Thanks for the advice.

While those I listed have price of $122/night (double/double), Courtyard cost is $266/night.

I have 3 nights to spend before cruise, so is it that bad on room size for us on The Kent or The Colony?

thanks again!

Call the hotel and get exact specifications on the room size but yes, they are VERY small. Like 12x15 two beds in a room small. Teeny bathroom, shower only. South Beach hotel rooms are small.

I would book that then watch the other hotels I listed. You should be able to get the Courtyard by then for under $150.