Check with Porter or Carry-On?

Em_

I'm debating whether or not I should carry my bag on the boat, or check it with the porter. What do you all think is best? Has anyone had their luggage get lost? Does that happen as often as it does when flying?

I'm also wondering which to do because I'll have all of our toiletries in my bag, and between hair products, lotion, sunscreen, etc., there will be a lot of little bottles. I will *not* be trying to sneak any booze on board, but am concerned that having all those bottles will trigger an inspection and cause my luggage to be delivered late. Should I carry it on to avoid that? Sailing out of Miami.

Thanks for your advice!

If you carry your bag onboard you will be stuck with it until your cabin is ready. It's a pain to fix a plate for lunch, keep up with luggage etc. I would not check my bag with very important things. I have a carry on back pack that we use. we keep our camera, dh's medicine and all paperwork/passports etc. in there. everything else gets checked.

Now...having said this, if you are platinum or have FTTF, then no problems, you get to go straight to your cabin and put away your bag(s).

I've never had a problem with lost luggage, and never heard of anyone not getting theirs. I'm sure it happens, but in my 10+ cruises, I've never experienced nor know anyone who has.

Have fun regardless of your choice.

I always carry on my passport, printouts of cruise documents, phone charger, glasses/contact lens case, misc.small toiletries. Anything basically that would be helpful to have on me or a REAL pain in the neck if I lost it.

I check my bag with my main toiletries. I tape all the toiletry lids closed and put them in giant ziploc bags so that if they do leak they don't ruin the whole bag of stuff. Hope this helps.

The less we have to handle our bags the better. I carry my back pack with essentials and no more.

Also on the plane, all those people who carry every thing they own on board then try to stuff it in the overhead binds just hold everybody up.

They hold us up again after we land. How many times have you seen a person become a road block , like a cork in a bottle holding up the entire back of the plane while the isle in front is empty and they are still fumbling for their bag as well as their kids bag(who is entitled to one but can't carry it) then bumps his way down the isle to the exit.

Then this is repeated several more times till the plane is empty.

So I say check it, mine has never been lost, however it has been damaged. Southwest bent the telescopic handle and then gave me a future credit worth more than the bag. Also I fixed the handle.