Navigator Specialty resturant

Did not realize it but we are getting a two person in a specialty restaurant, port day only on the Navigator as a gift from our TA....

What specialty restaurants does the Navigator have and what do you recommend we do to be the most bang for the buck so to speak? Thannks

Did not realize it but we are getting a two person in a specialty restaurant, port day only on the Navigator as a gift from our TA....

What specialty restaurants does the Navigator have and what do you recommend we do to be the most bang for the buck so to speak? Thannks

Try the Windjammer. It has great food, lots of options and a great view.

Straight from the parade float guy :)

...try chops is you like steak... Sabor if you like Mexican... Or, if you are sailing 3/9, just give me the credit and I will ensure it's put to good use :)

Ha I'm glad someone actually read my New York Parade thread! Thanks!

The specialty restaurants are Izumi Japanese, Chops steakhouse, Giovanni's Italian, & Sabor Mexican. Depending on your preference for a certain type of cuisine, you can choose what fits you best. I'd probably go with Chops or Giovanni's . Remember any recommendations are always subjective.

My personal preference would be "Giovanni's" ...dined there on the Allure last summer. Since I'm a native Long Islander, it reminded me of some of the upscale Italian restaurants I grew up with. Will dine there again on my upcoming NOS in May. Just MHO ! ;)

I'd do Sabor's. We loved Juan's Fresh made Guacamole. We got a huge bowl (not an ice cream scoop)! I was disappointed in Chops, they'd raised their cover charge ($35), and moved the Porterhouse & NY strip to an additional fee ($17-18) part of the menu. We could still get an 8 ounce filet w/o extra fee. No onion rings and no baked potato. Creme brulee is also gone.

For me steak & baked potato go together like peanut butter and jelly.

The captains dinner in the MDR was better than Chops!

Edited by knittinggirl

I would also vote for Giovanni's but will try Sabor on my Navigator cruise instead since I have never been there. Also, if your voucher is like mine, there is a cap on the amount and I believe that Chops, with their new price & menu, might be over that amount.

Sailed on the Navigator last week. We had a $60 credit for specialty restaurant and chose Giovanni's since the cover charge was $20 each. We thought the food was delicious. We had scallops for an appetizer, filet mignon and dessert. We thought the service in the main dining room was better. The server seemed distracted, under staffed. There seemed to be an under current of staff conflict. With better service, it would have been a really great dining experience. We didn't think Chops was worth the extra expense. A $35 charge per person plus the up charge for some of the steaks. Add a bottle of wine and extra tip and you would have $150 dinner. We thought the food in the main dining room was really good.

having a hard time deciding between sabor and giovanni's. I havent been to either and I'm just looking for a unique and GOOD experience.

Don't choose, just go to both. That way you can decide yourself which you like better.