Designer Bags

disneylover89

Does anyone know of good places to buy authentic designer bags in Venice, Florence or Rome at a good price? TIA

To get a real one I would suggest one of the designer stores. You can get the Vat tax there as well. Know your prices before you go and then translate into Euro. I would dare say you will not save any money,but you will have a real bag and ask if said bag is only sold in Italy,ant ground int the US and then you really will have a good bag. Never ever buy a fake on the street..big and I mean big fines if bag is noticed. Each city has their high end shopping area.

Does anyone know of good places to buy authentic designer bags in Venice, Florence or Rome at a good price? TIA

If you are caught buying a designer bag knock-off, you can be fined heavily in these cities. Yes, they can selll them, but YOU can't buy them...... The best places to buy designer bags are in the shops that the designers own (Gucci, Fendi, Vuitton, etc..). It is all tied to the price of the euro to the USD. The only thing you would save is the duty. If I were you, I'd price the bags b4 you go so that you know what the cost is when you go. The bargains aren't there like they used to be.........

If you are caught buying a designer bag knock-off, you can be fined heavily in these cities. Yes, they can selll them, but YOU can't buy them...... The best places to buy designer bags are in the shops that the designers own (Gucci, Fendi, Vuitton, etc..). It is all tied to the price of the euro to the USD. The only thing you would save is the duty. If I were you, I'd price the bags b4 you go so that you know what the cost is when you go. The bargains aren't there like they used to be.........

The sellers of counterfeit bags are also liable to be arrested/fined, but they are normally young and fleet of foot. They can usually run faster than their customers, so the customers are the easier ones for the police to catch.

The sellers of counterfeit bags are also liable to be arrested/fined, but they are normally young and fleet of foot. They can usually run faster than their customers, so the customers are the easier ones for the police to catch.

LOL....We were told that only the buyers could be arrested.

Edited by 24butterfly

If you want to blow your day by Florence, there are shopping trips out to the big outlet mall. Lots of designer outlet stores there…

Or, if you are looking for a beautiful, handcrafted bag and not necessarily just the "name", go over to the Scuola del Cuoio at Santa Croce in Florence. You can checkout the website for a taste/tease:

http://www.scuoladelcuoio.com

Definitely not cheap. I bought a coat from there and I was drawn in by the bags. When I go to Florence, I still wander by there to just browse and drool;)

I was hoping to get a deep discount on bags in Italy but I guess not. Thanks for the info on the counterfeit bags. I may have been tempted to buy if I saw something I really liked.

No deep or otherwise discoutn on designer bags in Italy,but if you do not need to have someone's name on your bag,but you want a good leather bag go to the Dept. store in Rome off vis del Corso (anyone can direct you) as they have great well made leather bags at a resonable price. Florence also has some great bags,but I feel they cost a tad more than in Rome. I just drooled in Venice.