Price Drop Question

Mist_ynight

I booked my next cruise way in advance, it's my first time doing this as we usually only book a month or two ahead of time. I'm in Canada but when I tried to use my FCC the Princess TA said I need to book in US since my FCC was in US. He could have converted it to Canadian but surprisingly even with the exchange rate right now it works out to be cheaper. Who knows if that will be the case come final payment time. Right now it's close to $200 cheaper over all.

My question is when I search Princess my prices show up as Canadian, does anyone know how I can check prices in US? If not, if the price in Canadian drops that should mean the price in US drops? It would make sense that they both would drop at the same time but I'd just like to get some input from others who have been in this situation.

I don't know if it's going to drop or not but final payment isn't until Dec 8 so I'm going to be checking as much as possible. Thanks for the input :)

I can't really determine if you are saying that your price in Canadian directly from Princess is less than the price in US after conversion to Canadian or the other way around.

Through the summer prices from Princess are still at par but come September the Canadian price is about 10% higher than the US price from Princess. Still likely a better deal than the real exchange rate which is at least 13%.

You do have to book in the currency of your FCC but you can get them to reund and recharge it in the opposite currency as well. We always keep several FCCs to allow for B2B cruises and keep US as well as Canadian FCCs.

Terry

It used to be easy to select Canadian or US prices on the web site but not anymore. It now defaults to Canadian prices if you are in Canada. Some say to watch prices on other travel sites which quote in US but they don't necessarily quote the exact same price that Princess does.

Princess doesn't change their exchange rate too often. It is at least several months between changes so if you see he Canadian price drop you can assume the s price dropped too and phone in to check. Right now the exchange rate is about 10% higher in Canadian beginning with the end of summer cruises. Until then it is at par. Notice most fall cruises end in 90 cents Canadian due to 10% added to the US price that almost always ends in 9$.

Terry

Do a Google search for "price alert cruise", choose the one that is a net.

The owner of the site lives in Canada. The alerts show US $, Canadian $, plus veterans and other categories if applicable for that cruise line.

The only one that showed up as a net wants me to buy credits. :(

Cruise, Fish.