Request for seating in main dining room?

Sun Lover

We have been on several cruises with RCI and have always called ahead to request the size of the table and a general area in the dining room where we would like to sit, and they have always noted it on the reservation. They had said they couldn't promise anything but that they would try to accommodate the request. For an upcoming trip on Oasis in July, we wanted a table for two somewhere on the railing and the rep said no requests can be made except for the size of the table. Does anyone know if this is correct and that we can't even put in a request for the table location?

To the best of my knowledge you can only request your seating preference (Main or Late seating/MTD) and the size table you prefer. You cannot request where that table will be located. Well, I guess you can request it, but I doubt it will be noted on the ressie. That said, you can see the Maitre 'd when you get on board, and ask him/her if you can get a particular table. They are very accommodating (when possible,) and that would probably be your best bet. Good luck!

We have been on several cruises with RCI and have always called ahead to request the size of the table and a general area in the dining room where we would like to sit, and they have always noted it on the reservation. They had said they couldn't promise anything but that they would try to accommodate the request. For an upcoming trip on Oasis in July, we wanted a table for two somewhere on the railing and the rep said no requests can be made except for the size of the table. Does anyone know if this is correct and that we can't even put in a request for the table location?

Send your request to rcldining@rccl.com. No guarantee, but they have usually been very accomodating with us.

Send your request to rcldining email address as above, there is no harm in requesting both table size and location. I requested a table by a window on Indy and duly got a table by the window. Just treat as a request and there is no gaurantee they will fulfill your request.

2-3 weeks out, you can send your request direct to the ship. I did on Allure and they replied with my request granted and told me my table deck location.

Edited by sky0000547

Send your request to rcldining@rccl.com. No guarantee, but they have usually been very accomodating with us.

I have had wonderful success using the email above to have dining room requests met. Even when we have booked a cruise as close as two months before cruising and wanted early dinner seating, they were able to accommodate us. My travel agent was told all of the available early dining was filled, but they were still able to accommodate us, when I sent in the request to this email address.

When sending your email, provide the Name of Ship, sail date, your reservation number. You should get a reply within a couple of days (at least that has been my experience).