Residency Rates and C&A Status

katydyd

Here's my scenario....I live in MA. Winter sucks. I'm thinking about booking a last minute weekend cruise next weekend. My friend lives in FL and I'm going to be down there visiting him next week so it would be easy to do.

Question: If there are residency rate deals, do both people in the stateroom have to be from that state, or just the person booking the cruise. Same question to get the C&A discount. I'm diamond, he's not, and since we don't live together, we can't share status. Would I still be able to get the discount if I did the booking?

Thanks for any insight.

Here's my scenario....I live in MA. Winter sucks. I'm thinking about booking a last minute weekend cruise next weekend. My friend lives in FL and I'm going to be down there visiting him next week so it would be easy to do.

Question: If there are residency rate deals, do both people in the stateroom have to be from that state, or just the person booking the cruise. Same question to get the C&A discount. I'm diamond, he's not, and since we don't live together, we can't share status. Would I still be able to get the discount if I did the booking?

Thanks for any insight.

Does not matter who does the booking, just matters who is booked in the stateroom. Only one person booked in the stateroom is required to live in the state or be Diamond for both guests to get the discount(s).

Edited by clarea

Thanks clarea! I can't believe with all the times I've cruised, this situation has never come up for me.

On an interesting side note: it appears that doing this last minute on the Enchantment will not be happening. It looks like it's a victim of the new occupancy restrictions. I can book for three people, but not for two. Now, I haven't called and spoken to C&A about this since I haven't even talked to my friend about doing this yet, so I might be able to get a work around. However, I found it interesting that the restriction was in place this close to sailing with staterooms still available.

LOL @ Thom. Well, since I almost never use it my self, it will be no hardship to take a pass. Plus, does the Enchantment even have a DL? I haven't been on it since 2000.

Enchantment now has a DL since the refurbishment. Top level of Viking Crown.

Cool. I can always leave him sitting somewhere and go check it out. LOL. That's if I can make this happen. It's a quick, easy drive to PC, so, at the very least I can tough out a few more weeks in the tundra, and plan a weekend my next trip down.

Does not matter who does the booking, just matters who is booked in the stateroom. Only one person booked in the stateroom is required to live in the state or be Diamond for both guests to get the discount(s).

Can confirm this... MA resident/Emerald member here with non-C&A (until after the cruise is complete) cabin-mate on an upcoming cruise, and the way the line-item of our invoice was that both the residency and C&A discounts are taken from the primary passanger (who is usually the resident and C&A member), so that it averages out to the quoted pp fare you get on the website/phone/TA. We got the full discounted rate with zero issue.

Maybe call C&A, I just changed from a D1 for 2 ppl to a D1 for 3 ppl thru C&A with no problem. This is on Serenade 2 months from now.

The only reason for change was to be closer to elevator for my stepmom who uses a walker.

Edited by SAS21

That's good to know. I was hoping to be able to lobby for the trip with a quote in hand, but it's good to know that a call to C&A might work.

It was 15 degrees at my house this morning, with snow squalls predicted for this afternoon, and another storm with plowable snow on Monday.

I'm fantasizing about sitting with my feet in the sand, a cold fruity drink in my hand and being hot. Maybe actually sweating a little bit. *sigh*

But to answer the next question:p only the Diamond member gets access to the DL.

Thom

But, the Diamond member can fill up TWO take-out cups of the great coffee in there. Then carry it out to their companion. Bending the rules, but not by much.... :)

But, the Diamond member can fill up TWO take-out cups of the great coffee in there. Then carry it out to their companion. Bending the rules, but not by much.... :)
The DLs I've been in have had signs stating that food and beverages are for consumption in the Lounge only - while providing paper coffee cups and tops:eek:. So despite what the sign says, I'll buy "bending":rolleyes:

We stayed at a hotel in Norway with large breakfast buffets - the sign (in English) "No food to be carried out" was above the table providing aluminum foil, wax paper and bags:confused: