Divina walkoff disembarkation time

RMS Olympic

I will be parking my car at the pier garage in Miami this September. I would like to know whether MSC Divina schedules passengers without flights to disembark early or in the first group to disembark? On my Princess cruise my assigned disembarkation time was 7:15 am (my responsibility to carry my bags off the ship). Is this the same for the Divina in Miami?

Thanks

Tom

I will be parking my car at the pier garage in Miami this September. I would like to know whether MSC Divina schedules passengers without flights to disembark early or in the first group to disembark? On my Princess cruise my assigned disembarkation time was 7:15 am (my responsibility to carry my bags off the ship). Is this the same for the Divina in Miami?

Thanks

Tom

You can do same on Divina at 7:00 if you are in rush and dont care to have your luggage with you.

Thanks

Tom

Yes it is.

Thanks

Tom

Yes, you will need to sign up for this. Self assist started at 730 on my cruise as we were a little late docking. Waiting area was the black and white lounge, the exit was right outside the entrance on the lounge.

Yes, you will need to sign up for this. Self assist started at 730 on my cruise as we were a little late docking. Waiting area was the black and white lounge, the exit was right outside the entrance on the lounge.

Three groups of self assist were offered on our cruise. 7:15, 7:30 and 7:45. I have no idea how they decide which group to put you in.

Three groups of self assist were offered on our cruise. 7:15, 7:30 and 7:45. I have no idea how they decide which group to put you in.

I was assigned group 1. They probably do it by time you fill out on the form and bring it to customer service.

I hope you enjoyed your cruis last week.

Edited by Bosjoe

I'm curious do they make announcements during debarkation or do they stick to your assignment and let the staff in those areas tell people when to leave.

On other ships the "silent " debarkation seems to go smoothly.

I'm curious do they make announcements during debarkation or do they stick to your assignment and let the staff in those areas tell people when to leave.

There was no announcement. They just said we are cleared and started letting people off.

I was assigned group 1. They probably do it by time you fill out on the form and bring it to customer service.

I hope you enjoyed your cruis last week.

I doubt it. I took our form to the front desk within hours of its arrival, we were in the 7:45 group.

No announcements during disembarkation. Around the listed time, a person came to the waiting area and guided the passengers who were waiting. But I don't know how they handled self assist.

Thank you for all the info. When I do my cruise in September I will want to get off the ship as early as I can as I have a 5 hour drive home and want to pick up the dog .The boarders have shortened hours on Saturdays to pick up pets.

When I read a possible 7am walk off I got excited as it would get me on the road in time for picking up my little pooch. But then I thought if Customs doesn't start till 7:30 I'd have to wait anyway........so I guess I will have to wait and see.

Now if I could only take the pooch on the cruise.....:rolleyes:

Is breakfast available on the morning of debarkation? I've read that you must be out of your cabin by 7 AM, seems very early to have already eaten and then leave with your luggage 15 minutes later (self-debarkation).

Is breakfast available on the morning of debarkation? I've read that you must be out of your cabin by 7 AM, seems very early to have already eaten and then leave with your luggage 15 minutes later (self-debarkation).

The buffet was open at 6:00 AM. Plenty of time to eat, head back to your cabin, grab your luggage, and then to the designated meeting place. The Villa Rosa was used on our cruise, it didn't open until 6:30.

Edited by Typhoon1

Thanks so much for posting the debarkation schedule! So it's not true that all guests must be out of their cabins by 7 AM? We'll be driving home so not in a time crunch, would rather not have to rush around.

Thanks so much for posting the debarkation schedule! So it's not true that all guests must be out of their cabins by 7 AM? We'll be driving home so not in a time crunch, would rather not have to rush around.

There is another page to this, in where it says they would like you out of your room by 7am.

Edited by Bosjoe

Is it also possible to request to be in the last group to disembark?

Our flight doesn't leave until 4pm and we bring the children(age 2 and 1) and a long wait at the airport is not ideal with those youngsters.

We're booked in the Yacht Club and carrying our own luggage is no problem.

Is it also possible to request to be in the last group to disembark?

Our flight doesn't leave until 4pm and we bring the children(age 2 and 1) and a long wait at the airport is not ideal with those youngsters.

We're booked in the Yacht Club and carrying our own luggage is no problem.

You should be able to request this and then hang out in the Top Sail Lounge till time for you to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the option of booking a flight out of FLL at 12:40pm or 6:45pm. The earlier flight gets us home 8 hours earlier since it is a direct flight.

For the earlier flight, I figure we could self disembark as early as possible and hopefully get out of the port area by 9 am...is this realistic? The ride to FLL looks like 30 mins... so say 10 am @ FLL.

Is this pushing it too much? Or should I book the later flight?

I have the option of booking a flight out of FLL at 12:40pm or 6:45pm. The earlier flight gets us home 8 hours earlier since it is a direct flight.

For the earlier flight, I figure we could self disembark as early as possible and hopefully get out of the port area by 9 am...is this realistic? The ride to FLL looks like 30 mins... so say 10 am @ FLL.

Go with the early flight, you will have plenty of time if you do self disembark. They will start letting people off anywhere between 7am-8am.

Edited by Bosjoe

Question to those who have sailed on the Divina before... I have a 12:05 out of Fort Lauderdale. Planning on taking a taxi from the pier to the airport. Should I do early departure/walk off/carry my own luggage or will I be ok doing the regular?

Question to those who have sailed on the Divina before... I have a 12:05 out of Fort Lauderdale. Planning on taking a taxi from the pier to the airport. Should I do early departure/walk off/carry my own luggage or will I be ok doing the regular?

Best to do walk off. They assign groups then floors according to by dailey. It's also cheaper to take a shared shuttle service at $15pp. Do not use ship transfers.

Go with the early flight. We were in the 7:45 group and at a Fort Lauderdale hotel at 9:30.

Of course, this is assuming that everything happens as scheduled.