Epic arrival time

carlp

Epic usually gets in around dawn and clears for debarkation around 7 or 7:30. That's "usually". There can be delays for a lot of reasons. Also, MIA is a zoo on these days, so you'll need extra time to get through security and to your gate. One person cited a security wait of nearly 2 hours due to crowds.

As stated, you're best off booking a flight after noon, although it IS possible when things go perfectly to catch an earlier flight. I just wouldn't count on perfect.

Epic usually gets in around dawn and clears for debarkation around 7 or 7:30. That's "usually". There can be delays for a lot of reasons. Also, MIA is a zoo on these days, so you'll need extra time to get through security and to your gate. One person cited a security wait of nearly 2 hours due to crowds.

As stated, you're best off booking a flight after noon, although it IS possible when things go perfectly to catch an earlier flight. I just wouldn't count on perfect.

We were off of the Epic and waiting for our flight at FLL by 10:00 AM....We did have priority disembarkation and were walking off with our luggage in tow at 8:00 AM -

A flight out of MIA about noon would be best, and take a CAB to MIA.

MIA lines are miserable, and the TSA line could take 30+ minutes alone

I also read a post from a CC member, disembarking the Epic, that was "Randomly" pulled aside by customs, they had to wait 30 minutes in line just to be told "thank you have a nice day".

Due to our flight preferences, and the need to arrive home ASAP, I do sometimes book some crazy flights home but, It does add stress to our cruises. If anyway possible, book a flight after noon, or, spend the day in Florida!

anyone know what time in the morning the Epic has been coming back to POM in the mornings -trying to figure out air departure times

The arrival time may give you very poor answers. Asking what time you can make a flight is what you are after.

The common answer here is late morning is okay, but can be risky. Early afternoon is safe.

Speed in leaving, if important is to do self disembark and take a cab. Shuttles will only slow you down (and probably cost more)

Speed in leaving, if important is to do self disembark and take a cab. Shuttles will only slow you down (and probably cost more)

Yes, I agree. My brother waited an hour for his van while I jumped in to a cab for a 20 minute, $30 ride to the airport