Luggage Tags

chucknmuck

Hi everyone , I can't find a thread on how to get our luggage tags before we sail . I've already done express check in and saw something about tags but with no direction on how to get them . Any help would be appreciated . We sail Apr . 5 2014 out of Miami .

On the web page there should be a link to print/or generate your tags where you do your online edocuments / online check in. It isn't always easy to see it on screen.

As a side note, you can call and have Celebrity generate the mailing of your luggage tags, but that can be a 15-45 minute hold.

Luggage Tags

To print or request luggage tags, you must:

• Complete your online check-in

• Have your cruise eDocs issued

• Allow 49 days or less before you sail

Ensure all bags have luggage tags attached before arriving at the pier.

Edited by ArkansasCruiser73

I agree with the thread above. We are also sailing April 5 and have printed out our luggage tags. Good luck.

The OP doesn't want to print out the luggage tags. Celebrity gives you the option of ordering preprinted luggage tags that they mail to you like in the "old" days.

When you go to on line check-in (within "manage my reservation"), skip down to the bottom of the page, and on the left there will be a blue square that says "Request Tags". Just click on that, enter your address, etc. and order. It's quite simple and you should receive them in a few days.

The "request tags' button does not appear until you have been notified that your edocs are ready I was waiting for my edocs so I could order and I knew because I was inside the 40 days pre cruise that they should have shown up. When I called X they said to contact my TA and have the edocs resent (which I did) and I received them in half an hour along with the option to order the tags.

I wasn't charged nor did I receive an email that my docs were ready. Interestingly enough, I get lots of other emails from Celebrity encouraging me to spend money on this cruise, though (e.g., shore excursions, drink packages, etc.).

Me again. I knew I saw something on a charge and found this on the Celebrity FAQ section. Must be luggage tags are free unless you get printed documents instead of online.

How do I get luggage tags for my cruise? If you receive printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book.

You won,t have access to the link to order tags until your edocs are ready. I,m sailing march 30 and had to call captains club for them to expedite and it only took 4 minutes. 2 hours later my edoc email was there.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Forums mobile app

My paperwork says they will scan and print tags at the dock. Sound right?
Not to our knowledge.

Generic luggage tags are already there at the docks and readily available for everyone.

We just pick up some tags, hand print our stateroom number on them and attach them to our bags, unless a porter grabs them first and does it for us.

There has never been any scanning or printing involved at any of the docks where we have tagged and checked bags.

Me again. I knew I saw something on a charge and found this on the Celebrity FAQ section. Must be luggage tags are free unless you get printed documents instead of online.

How do I get luggage tags for my cruise? If you receive printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book.

This may be true if you have them send a complete document set. However, the luggage tags are free. I received mine about a week ago without a charge. I only received luggage tags; everything else still has to be completed online and printed out.

Is there any reason to choose having the luggage tags mailed to you as opposed to printing off your own other than printing them yourself you have them right away.

thanks.

Having the luggage tags on sticky back paper is a lot more convenient than bringing a stapler or tape to attach tags printed on plain paper.

I miss those days where they were automatically sent to you. Glad to hear that X gives an option of ordering them for free.

Is there any reason to choose having the luggage tags mailed to you as opposed to printing off your own other than printing them yourself you have them right away.

thanks.

Have you thought about how you will attach self-printed tags? Believe me, you want the ones they mail to you. Had to deal with the printed ones on Princess, what a PITA!!!

Have you thought about how you will attach self-printed tags? Believe me, you want the ones they mail to you. Had to deal with the printed ones on Princess, what a PITA!!!

I agree. I've gone the tape route, the lamination route, etc., but the weakness was always with the attachment. I wanted satisfied with zip ties or staples. I finally ended up buying reusable luggage tag holders online. Of course, X and RCI have a different format that doesn't work with my holder, so I'm grateful I was able to preorder.

We've never had a problem with the printed tags on Princess or Celebrity. We just fold where indicated and staple on handle of luggage.

We've never had a problem with the printed tags on Princess or Celebrity. We just fold where indicated and staple on handle of luggage.

If you're leaving from home and have a stapler handy, great. In our case we did a 5 day land trip in Alaska before boarding, I never thought nor would I pack a stapler as part of my cruise gear!!

I just did our on-line check in for our BTB cruise. It gave me no option to print out our luggage tags, they said they would be mailed. This was only offered to US and Canadian passengers. I am glad they did because our colored printer is not working.

My question is how long does it take before we receive the tags in the mail? We are about 35 days out before we leave for Sydney.